Chapter 18

"Is this the onsen?"

Lance nodded as he parked the car. After eighteen hours of driving they finally got to an onsen out in a rural area, the field was big with piles of snow and huge dead trees here and there. The air seemed cleaner than the ones in the cities and it seemed as if they were almost completely alone. Save for the small village a little ways away.

"Wow this place is huge!" Souma gasped out after coming out the car. He was wearing heavy clothing small puffs of air leaving his mouth as he looked up. His nose flushed.

Lumi came out right behind him. His big innocent eyes shinning in wonder.

Kota was taken out of the car by his mother. The small baby still sleeping as he was held close in Keith's embrace. Lance coming up beside Keith, their luggage in one hand and a free hand to put on Keith's shoulder and keep him close.

"Welcome!"

Lance looked off to the side and saw an old small Japanese Lady. She would've been perfectly human if her marks weren't anything to go by.

"Ah, Hello! I'm Lance McClain"

"McClain? Hmmm yes I remember. Nice to meet you I'm Misatoba, I'll be your caretaker for your stay! Please. Come inside"

Souma held a hand out for Lumi to take. The baby grabbed it appreciatively. The toddler flinched all of a sudden and turned to look at the tree. He stared at the withered tree seeing a small blue flower beside it. It popped in contrast to the white snow, so it was hard to miss. Lumi stopped walking causing Souma to stop as well.

Out of nowhere he giggled.

"Sou-ya Hyung! Wook!" He exclaimed excitedly

Souma looked up seeing the flower and smiled down at Lumi. The small toddler waving at the flower. It confused the middle schooler but he didn't say much about it. He's a baby so it's not something he should look into.

"Hi!" Lumi greeted to no one in particular. The baby giggled once more, before pulling Souma after his parents. A small spring in his step as his giggling got a bit louder. Keith looked down at his small son. A smile on his lips as he spoke to Lumi.

"My, what's gotten you so excited Lu?"

"Oma! Ober der!" He exclaimed point out the window at the flower that grew beside the tree. Keith followed his point and gave him a warm smile. Kota's sleeping form pressed close to the warmth of his mother's chest.

"Is the flower pretty?"

Lumi turned his head to the side. He looked at the flower again and smiled. His cheeks becoming a slight pink

"Ai! Pwetty! Nuna is!"

Keith turned his head to the side. But before he could speak someone else spoke.

"Ah, that's a Nemophila" the old lady. Misatoba. Exclaimed knowingly. She then put a hand beneath her chin in thought

"Hmmm it's bloomed quite early again this year"

"Does that happen a lot?" Keith asked curiously

"Ah yes, just that one seems to bloom around this time, usually they bloom in spring but...it's a mystery" she asked wistfully, almost lovingly.

"Now let's have you all get settled shall we?"

Keith nodded as he followed the short women to the room, Souma and Lumi following close behind. When they got to the room Lance was already putting their things down on the matted floor, a bright smile on his face as he talked in baited breath.