"What?" you let out a burst of small and nervous laughter. She kept quiet as her eyes searched yours till you finally caved by groaning, "Fine, it's about Namjoon," you confessed.

Narrowing her gaze, she furrowed as she calmly uttered, "What about him?"

"Jisoo," you paused as you fumbled with your almost empty coffee mug, "Is he okay?"

"Wait a minute. You're asking me, if your ex-fiancé," she leaned in further, "The guy who abused you, if he is okay?" you nodded to her question as she bewildering stared into your eyes, "Why?"

You couldn't answer it, mainly because you didn't know why you wanted to know. It wasn't that you were concerned about his wellbeing but more so, why all of a sudden he needed to pursue you.

Doctor Jung had always warned you about this in your earlier sessions. He was worried that Namjoon would seek you out due to the way you left. According to him, Namjoon didn't see it coming, or perhaps he figured he'd broken you down so severely that the thought of leaving him was far from any truth he'd made up in his mind.

But you did leave.

It took every fiber of your being to convince yourself that, what he'd implanted in you wasn't factual, but rather his way of having you to submit and be in his control.
It almost worked, for quite a long time actually, you were his. Everything he stated was law, everything he wanted you obliged to, everything he believed you did as well; a master manipulator, and you were his perfect puppet.

Clutching the mug, you stiffened at your query. You couldn't fully grasp why you needed to know if he was alright. He wasn't your concern anymore.

So why did you care to ask about his wellbeing?

He didn't give two shits about yours. Had he, then he wouldn't fabricate a lie to Seokjin. He wouldn't have told him that he missed you well knowing that it would get back to you or your mother for that matter.

As Jimin said, Namjoon was a smart man. He had always been and you couldn't allow yourself to forget that little detail again.
You knew he was alright, he always was and if Jisoo had responded any differently, you knew the answer you sought from her.

No, stop it now.

It was not going to be like before. You weren't going to allow him to roam your thoughts. It had to be his final goal. Jimin said he was smart.

It was what he wanted; confusion and doubt.

He wanted to get into your head and once it was befuddled enough, your heart would automatically follow pursuit. He knew what he was doing but so did you.
It wasn't like before. You wouldn't cave in and fall back into his arms again. You were not the same woman, you were not his and he needed to know that. And that was your agenda.

He needed to know.

You shouldn't care about how he was doing, all that mattered was that Jisoo could tell him to back off. That as well as how much longer you had to wait.

"I don't know why I asked," you rip your gaze from hers as a sense of shame pierce through you.

       Exhaling, Jisoo leaned back as she folded her arms, "He told me, he missed you."

Groaning, you flattened your palm on your face as your fingertips rubbed your eyes, "Jesus fucking Christ," you exclaimed in a peal of small laughter, "I figured," your eyes met again and you could read the confusion in her glance and before she could ask, you said, "He told my friend, Seokjin, the same thing."