You eyed the slender toxic stick that often used to relieve you of stressful situations.

It wasn't planned.

It was a hasty decision to stop by the convenience store and purchase a pack of cigarettes before making your way to the cafe.

You pulled one out and stared intensely at it. You quit smoking a long time ago but often missed the sensation of nicotine relaxing your entirety. The need for it was there, screaming at you violently to light it up and inhale the white fumes that rot you from the inside.

A little girl with her mother in hand dropped her doll and you observed her bright pink dress as she awkwardly bent down to retrieve it. The mother's eyes met yours briefly and you smiled warmly at her as you expertly hid the cigarette between your thighs.
As they walked past you, the little girl waved goodbye to you and you gestured the same before finally reaching for the cigarette and throwing it in your bag.

Although you wanted it, practically needed it, and especially today, you refused to fall back into old and very bad habits.

You exhaled as you glanced at your surroundings.
There were a few people around you, eating their lunches as they chattered.
It was a warm day, almost hot enough to wear a summery dress but there was some wind, indicating that it would most likely rain later.
Your eyes sprung up as you studied the skies that were shades of grey and you subconsciously wrapped your cardigan tighter, hoping it wouldn't rain while you were outside.

Then the touch of someone's hand on your shoulder made you shift toward the direction and you were met by a familiar smile. As you stood to greet the person you owed everything to, a sudden tight embrace made you fall into their arms as you drank in their comforting scent.

"That was a short notice," the calming voice murmured into your ears and you smiled softly, grateful that she even showed up.

"Thank you for coming, Jisoo," you then gestured and she sat opposite you, "Are you working now?" you asked, catching a glimpse of her badge.

"Yeah," she nodded as she dragged some locks behind her ear, "I don't have much time," she continued, "I have to get back to the precinct," she then declared.

"Not even for a cup of coffee?"

"Well," she glanced around before her eyes fell onto your large cappuccino, "I'll never say no to coffee."

Giggling a little, you gestured for the waiter to come over and when the young man did, you placed an order for yourself once more and for Jisoo.
Ever since you ran into her, a part of you wondered how she'd been.
You hadn't seen her since the day you left Namjoon and although you cared about her, missed her deeply, you had an agenda. It wasn't a friendly 'get together', there was a reason why you had to see her.

How much longer?

No one other than yourself, of course, knew exactly what kind of man Namjoon was. Except for Jisoo. She'd known him longer, greater than you ever did and he was someone that use to matter to her.

"How's everything?" you casually asked as you rested your elbow against the wooden table between you.

Tilting her head, Jisoo scrunched her nose, "What are you doing?"

"Asking you, h-how you a-are doing?" you stammered, taken aback by the sudden inquiry.

Jisoo mimicked you by leaning in, her natural beauty fully on display as she frowned at you.