Chapter 1

"All we needed was seven minutes" I heard Beatrice's snarky response as I stepped towards him, ready to defeat him with his own weapon. I draw my divinium sword ready to strike at his any move.

He laughs at me as he raises his arms and summons hundreds of wraith demons, they possess the innocent people standing by. Mary starts attacking trying to free them from the demons. I watch scared to use any of my power as I will need it for adriel. I take a deep breath and I charge at him through the people knowing my family has my back. We fight and bunch and battle and every time he gets me down I feel him pulling at the halo causing my skin to burn and making me want to scream out in anguish. I remember what Beatrice read to me about not letting hatred control me. Instead I let the love and care I have for my sisters behind me push me harder and harder every second not letting the energy be drained from me. I stab and stab at him before I realise I am stabbing the devils dead body.

"Is he dead?" Camila asks, holding the crossbow at his head.

"I don't know but we need to seal him and Vincent up" I speak tired and feeling ready to collapse.

"Hey, you okay?" Beatrice asks bending down to my level realizing I was still sitting down.

"I can't feel my legs" I speak realizing the truth in the statement I can't feel my legs and I am beginning to lose feeling in the rest of my body. Panic sets in, Beatrice catches me before I completely fall. Worry written across her face as my vision begins to fade into blackness.

******THE REST OF THE STORY IS GOING TO BE IN 3RD PERSON POV*****

Ava laid there in her bed at arqtech facilities her body frozen not moving, the only indication that she was still living was the rise and fall of her chest. Beatrice came in at least 5 times every hour not wanting to leave her side in fear of the worst. Camila, Trish and Mary did their best to check in on Ava at least once every hour. Somebody slept next to her every night. Ava stayed like that for 3 days before the other girls decided they needed to seal up Adriel at the very least. They could track down Vincent another time.

Days turned in 2 weeks before Ava opened her eyes. Beatrice was reading Ava stories from the warrior nun book when she woke up.

"Don't tell me your translating italian now" Ava snarked in a raspy voice. Beatrice's eyes shot up making eye contact with the girl who had just been motionless moments before and dove in for a hug.

"That took you a lot longer than 7 minutes to fully recharge this time." Beatrice remarked back smiling from ear to ear, " Hold on let me go get the others" and just like that Beatrice bolted out of the room. Ava went to go sit on the edge of the bed when she realized she couldn't feel anything from her neck down. She began to panic.

"Oh the sleeping beauty-" Mary attempts to speak

"I can't move anything or feel anything" a very frantic Ava speaks tears welling in her eyes.

"Now Ava, keep calm remember this happened before, can you feel my hand?" Beatrice asks, attempting to sooth her.

"Yes... okay, thank you" Ava says, calming down.

"As I was saying you're awake" Mary continues. The girls catch Ava up to speed on everything that has been happening, and where they sealed up Adriel.

"Thank you" Ava mutters letting her eyes flutter shut again to get some rest. Beatrice motions the rest of the girls out of the room

"She's gonna need some time, probably not too long to get back up to strength" Beatrice says to the other girls "In the meantime we need to figure out somewhere different to stay".

"We could always go crash at the town we saved from the wraith demons in Spain" Mary suggests all the girls nod in agreement.

"Alright so how are we getting there?" Camilla asks

"Vincent left his fucking Van here" Mary snarks with disgust in her voice having to mention his name.