She deserves someone who will take care of her. I hope she finds it, because she definitely won't find it here.

I think of my mystery man. Muscle bound, 7feet tall, wavy silver hair. He was perfect. If anyone could take care of someone, it would be him. I wonder what he thought of me? Did he think I was pretty? Or was I too short for him? Maybe a little too curvy?

I almost laugh at that. A man of that size probably wanted some curves on his woman.

And I, for one, have curves to spare.

I wonder for the millionth time how on earth that guy even got here. I mean, he spoke a language I've never heard before. I'm no linguist, but I'm pretty sure he's not from around here. There are no planes anymore, or large scale boats, and even with those powerful arms and legs of his, I doubt he swam across the ocean. It's a mystery for sure, and I really want to get to the bottom of it.

Elodie and I chat about a bunch of things, mainly what type of flowers will be blooming in the late summer months as the heat hits its peak. The Smoky Mountains have many native plants, and Elodie knows almost every single one by heart.

She has always loved flowers, trees, shrubs, even weeds. I've spotted her picking a bouquet of dandelions once.

My time is better spent exploring the woods and dreaming of being free.

And, if there's anything in this world that makes me feel free, it's breaking the rules.

So, I spend my time thinking of sneaking away to the window wall so I can meet with this strange man again. I've thought a lot about it, especially about how incredibly risky it is. There's no way I would get away without a harsh punishment if I'm caught. I don't plan on anyone finding out, but it's not full proof whatsoever. I could get in major trouble.

Could being the key word.

When Momma is fast asleep, I stand and glance over at her. It was easier last night to sneak away because she was spending the night with her husband, Paul, but now she's here. Each wife takes turns sleeping in the same bed as their husband. At least they have some sort of decency about it. I can't fathom sleeping in a bed with a man and his other wife.

She doesn't move or make a sound as I slowly climb out of my bed. I slide my slippers onto my feet, hoping they will cushion my footsteps through the long hallways.

I make it out of our room safe, and I travel quickly but cautiously. I tune in to every little sound, every light that remains on through the doors. I dash with a bit more speed when I know that the courtyard is just around the corner. Luckily, it's tucked away on the back side of the school. No one really comes back here. That gives me comfort.

There's no way that anyone will catch me here, especially at this hour.

I hold my breath when I round the corner, hoping that he'll show up. Lucky me, he's already there, waiting for me.

Relaxing, I find myself smiling at him in excitement. I can't wait to be near him, so I walk forward until my hand touches the glass that separates us.

The way his golden eyes rake over me, I feel like an exotic zoo animal. He sees me through a lens of amazement. I can't help thinking that something is going on that I don't know about. But then again, when is there not? I'm always in the dark.

"I wish we could talk. This would so much better if I could understand what you were saying." I mumble. His eyes flick down to my mouth, his jaw clenching before he speaks his nonsensical language.