Chapter 15: Were we share

The Curvy Girlfriend's POV

I stood outside Daisy's apartment. I had so much to talk to the girls about, yet no way of expressing my worries and inequities. Especially after James had so logically crushed most of them yesterday.

A deep sigh and a quick knock later I was inside.

"Hello girls," I said, dragging myself to the couch. "How's everyone?"

"Well well weeeeell" Christie said as she looked at me. "You have something to discuss. Clearly."

"Right." I sighed as I closed my eyes and leaned my head back against the many pillows decorating Daisy'sliving room. "I'm in love."

The girls stared at me for a second before Kelly moved to lift her cup of tea, Daisy shifted in her seat while twisting her engagement ring, and Christie smacked her lips.

"I love him," I continued as I didn't get any more of a response "James I mean. I love James."

"You just realise this now?" Christie asked as I lifted my eyebrows when they continued drinking their tea or twisting their rings.

"Well... no. Not really. But I told him, " I continued, unsure of what they were thinking.

"Oh, how did he react?" Kelly finally sat down her cup of tea.

"Um... he was happy?" I said, unsure, making my statement sound like a question.

"Of course he was," Daisy smiled at me, but Christie threw her a glance.

"Did he not respond like you wanted? Did you want him to say it back?" She asked. When I grimaced, ready to explain, Kelly jumped in.

"Don't stress about it. Guys find it hard to say those words. Sometime they never do. But if he treats you well and acts like he is in love -"

"Which he does, that lovesick puppy," Christie jumped in.

"- then you have nothing to worry about."

"Guys," I said as I sat further back into the sofa, knowing they would not give me the response I was looking for. "He said he loved me first. Maybe a week ago."

The girls stared at me in stunned silence.

"So... why do you look like someone murdered your cat, dug a grave, and didn't invite you to the funeral?" Christie started at me while Daisy continued smiling softly at me. Kelly was stirring her cup again.

"It's just... he is so... and I'm so... well, " I stumbled over my words, knowing everything I said would be met with confusion.

"It's OK to have insecurities," Kelly said as she sat her cup down to grasp my hands. "But don't let them rule your life."

"I'm trying." I said, looking down."But what if Im not enough? What if he leaves?"

"There are a hundred what ifs in any relationship," Daisy said, " but like kelly said, those what ifs should not be the bases in your relationship."

"Trust James and trust yourself." Christie smiled.

I took a deep breath in, held it as I made myself make a final decision, then blew it out as I nodded.

"You guys are right. I'm going to love James and enjoy what we have." I said as I finally accepted the can of coke Daisy had put out for me.

"Not to burden you, but you need to do more than that." Christie said. "Speaking from experience, a relationship needs work. They are not fairy tales, and when things seem to go downhill, you will need to commit and remember the reasons you love him and that what you have is worth fighting for. I wish someone had told me that in my first relationship, " she added as an afterthought.