The tension within the small quarters was thick enough to swim through.

Zuko cleared his throat, "Some storm, huh?"

"Did you sleep with Katara last night?"

Great job, Y/N. Just get it all out there.

My abruptness caught him completely off guard. His eyes widened.

"Wh-what?"

"Did you sleep with Katara last night," I repeated, forming my words carefully. Despite trying to handle this calmly, I felt my face heat up. The thought of my boyfriend sleeping anywhere near Katara sparked a feeling I couldn't pinpoint.

"I didn't sleep with Katara," Zuko looked at me like I was crazy.

"Then why were you out all night? And why did you walk with her to breakfast this morning?" Tears pricked at the corner of my eyes just thinking about it.

"Yes, I went to talk to Katara," he said, "but I left. I slept on Appa last night."

I looked at the floor. I was too embarrassed to even face Zuko.

He reached over and lifted my chin, "Do you really think I'd do that to you?"

"I mean after our argument last night you were really upset, and I don't know I guess I just started thinking--"

Zuko pulled me to him, wrapping his arms around me.

"I would never do anything to hurt you," he said in my ear.

I buried my face in his chest.

"I'm sorry about how I reacted last night," I pulled away, "I should have explained what I was feeling instead of shutting you out."

He frowned, "What were you feeling?"

I remembered what Aang and I discussed earlier. I had to be honest with Zuko to truly be understood.

"All the talk about our future really bothered me," I started, fiddling with my ring.

Honesty.

I fixed my eyes on his golden orbs. They helped me focus.

"The truth is, the future scares me. It's not about the responsibilities or uncertainties. I'm scared of what will happen to us when you become Firelord. I'm terrified that things will change between us," my voice broke, "and I can't stand the thought of losing you."

I waited for his reply, but it never came. Instead, Zuko kissed me.

"Y/N," he said against my lips, "I'm not leaving you behind once I become Firelord."

He broke the kiss.

"Because you're going to rule right alongside me."

I grinned as he pulled me onto his lap.

"Firelady Y/N," I poked my nose in the air, "has a nice ring to it."

Thunder clapped outside as the future of the Fire Nation leaned in for another kiss.

"Sounds perfect."
~
this took me SO LONG it was absolutely ridiculous. i finished part one of this imagine in about a day but this one took me a little over 3 to fully complete and reach a version i was happy with. originally, a lot of other characters made appearances, but i really wanted to focus on zuko here because part one was lacking in the zuko department.

i like the idea of zuko being with a firebender in this version but it could definitely have turned out different if he was with a bender of a different element or even a non-bender. there's going to be a lot more featuring zuko with a non-bender reader because i like the dynamic.

i hope you guys enjoyed part two, this is the final part so i can move on to bigger and better things! thank you for sticking around til the end, i know it started to get too long.

more to come.

xx,
sophie

jasmine dragon: atla/lok imaginesOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara