38 Healing Effect of Laughter

POV Hiccup

Jack had finished his call with me. Elsa is recovering little by little and he told me that yesterday Emma and Elsa had spent some time together. And dragged Jack into it.

Emma wanted Jack to read aloud the most embarrassing parts from books. Jack hated when the girls were laughing to him and he said that every second made him turn even redder. He didn't stop though, because Elsa was laughing so it wasn't that bad.

My doorbell started to ring and I go to get it. I see Merida standing there and Toothless goes to twirl around her legs. "Umm.. Hey Mer," I smiled and let her in.

"Here is something for you," she smiled shyly and handed me a bag.

"What's that," I asked and started to open the bag.

"Homemade cookies," she grinned.

My eyes widened and I realized that I could practically be holding a bomb.

"Oh, really?"I said with high tone. She had made my oven burn up pretty badly in my apartment. My kitchen is still off limits area.

Merida groaned, "Mum made them. Okay?"

I sighed from relief when she wasn't watching and I open the bag. I took one chocolate chip cookie and started to munch. "Theffe are good," I mumbled.

"Sorry about your kitchen," Merida laughed nervously as she peeked into my kitchen.

"The stove needed some maintenance anyway. I don't cook much," I lied and she sighed from relief. I chuckled how her cheeks caught a slight pink shade.

Then Merida cleared her throat. "Well, I had an actual reason to come here. You know that Anna is in panic at home? Or was. Whole building heard it," she sighed.

"Because of her sister?" I questioned and Merida nodded her head.

"So you know that she was hurt? Well, Anna is freaking out because she doesn't know her new boyfriend. Imagine! Elsa went to live with some random new boyfried," Merida muttered.

I rubbed my neck, "Well. I know that guy and he is cool. Trust me!" I smiled and Merida's eyes flash wide open.

"Is every friend of yours dating my friends?" Merida gasped and I laughed nervously.

"A cookie?" I grinned and gave her a cookie from the bag. Merida glared me a bit but then relaxed.

Merida wanted to stay with me for a while, mostly to hear about Elsa and how she was doing. I tried to keep the nastiest details away from her. She seemed like she was suspecting a little but she realized that there was no point in interrogating me since I kept my mouth shut.

POV Elsa

Emma had gone with Peter into the movies this evening. It's my second day at Jack's home and I'm still feeling so outsider in here. I have to always ask from him where the things are in here. Yesterday Punzie managed to convince Anna that I'm doing okay and I'm just staying with my boyfriend for now.

Most of the pain is gone now since the minor cuts are healing well. The ones with stitches are another story. Jack and I haven't spoken that much. It's like we're both dead inside.

Slowly I tiptoed past the living room and towards kitchen. Jack was fast asleep on the couch, he had been doing some reading. He reads a lot, at least now in this situation.

There was some chocolate ice cream in the freezer that he had bought to me. Well, actually it is a big jar since there were three of them yesterday. Now there's just this one left. We ate the other two with Emma yesterday.