34 Present Meets the Past

POV Hiccup

Gosh, the phone is ringing and it's just 7am. My hand reaches to my bedside table and I get hold of my phone that's ringing the tune from Alien movie.

It's Emma's number so I decided to respond. "Morning," I mumbled and finished with a yawn. "Sorry to call you this early but I'm worried and since you made up with my brother.. Could we meet? Grab ice cream or something like that?" She spoke and I could hear the worry in her voice.

I rubbed my temples, "Yeah. Just give me two hours and I will come and get you. Coffee would be good at this hour?" I laughed.

"Sorry," Emma said again.

"Hey, no worries. I would have gotten up soon anyway," I said and started to sit.

"Okay, see you soon," she laughed a bit and I smiled. "Yup, see ya Ems," I said and we ended up the call.

I stretched out and then sent a good morning message to Merida. I grinned when I read her response, 'It's freaking 7:30am?!?! ... Anyway, good morning to you too and when the night comes, be sure that you're home when I come to wish you good night. -Merida.'

"Geez Mer," I muttered and my cheeks flushed. I typed back, 'Yup. See you in the evening, Hulk. Hiccs.'

My phone beeped and I got a response, 'You're dead.'

It made me laugh and I typed back before going to shower. 'Normally kisses won't kill ;P.'

'Haha -_-'.'That response of hers was too much and I laughed while going to shower.

I got dressed and checked my emails. Nothing new and I glance at the time. I really need to go and get Emma.

POV Emma

The beat of the music has always made me feel like I could see again. It's like every sound is a vibrant color, going around me and giving me joy. Again I'm alone in my home. Jack is hanging a lot with that radio channel's Toothiana.

I sigh and try to relax while listening to music. Suddenly door bell rang and I look for the remote control in my lap. When I found it my fingers are touching the surface, first I look for the button that is high in the right corner. Then I slide my finger to left and when it touches the fourth button I move my finger up. I press the button and the music stops.

I turn my chair around and I roll forward. I know this house really well, each crack and creek in every room, from the smell of roses I know that the doorway is just couple rolls of my wheels away. We have roses near the doorway of our living room.

The cold breeze in my skin tells me that the front door is close me, the wind gets slightly inside from the door and I feel it. The handle is about in the same height as my face and I find it quickly after I have found where the trims are of the doorway.

I unlock the door and I hear how someone shifts their bodys balance. "Hello Hiccs," I said before he could speak. "Ah, you know that it's me always," he says as he walks in when I rolled backwards.

"Well you said that you would be here right about now," I smiled and press my wrist watch. It tells me the time, '8:55am.' Then I laughed, "And your steps have their own ring to it." I heard him chuckle.

"You ready to go?" Hiccup asks and I hear him walking to closet. "Sure," I said and I hear the sound of jackets brushing against each other and then I feel the softness on my shoulders. I lift my hands and Hiccup helps me put on my coat.

"Let me push you," he says and takes my wheelchair's handles. "Would you give my bag? It's in--," I started. "On the table," Hiccup laughs and I feel pressure in my lap when he places the bag on there.