30 Moment of Truth

POV Elsa

I was looking at the girl who brought our drinks. There was something familiar in her, with her long eyelashes and piercing purple lips. For some reason she seemed older than her looks were giving in. I was about to ask if we've met before but then Jack interrupted me. "Drink," he ordered me and pushed the shot glass forward. My fingers go around the glass and I lift it in front of me, the smell of the alcohol is burning inside my nose but I drink it down. It tastes so bitter that I accidentally bursted some of it out from my mouth.

Jack handed me a napkin from the table and I noticed his cheeks being slightly pink. "Jack?" I asked. "The explanation," I added strictly. He was just staring at me and I sighed, "It seems that you're just going to continue like before."

As I was about to leave he grabbed onto my hand. "Stay, I'll tell you everything you want to know," he sounded desperate. I sat down and he smiled a bit. "So," he hummed, "let the explaining begin."

"They got my dna, the police. That day when I stole the apple and almost died, thanks by the way," he laughed easily. Almost too easily and my head felt a bit light too. Jack ordered us some drinks from the waitress who was walking past us. "Blue lagoon for my girl here," Jack said and nodded towards me.

"Is it really time to get wasted?" I asked as he ordered raw vodka. He grinned, "Nah. I'm just bad with explaining and stuff as I'm sober." My eyes widened.

The waitress brought us our drinks and Jack took a sip of vodka. He shrugged his shoulders and looked at me mischievously, "What? That's how I managed through high school." My jaw dropped, "You?"

He nodded his head and drank rest of the vodka. "Yeah. If I wouldn't have waited for my big 18th birthday party with my friends so much I might have been on the plane with them. We would be together in heaven, you know. My family and me. Heck, they probably got the trip for my birthday because I loved to party too much and I still refused. I'm a idiot," he laughed bitterly.

Now the waitress brought him more vodka but he took the whole bottle to table. His fingers were playing with the glass which he stared. "So you just decided to get wasted now? After not drinking in years?" I gulped and he raised his gaze, his brown eyes were looking into mine.

"Where should I start?" He stuttered as his eyes looked keenly at me. "I know," he chuckled. "I love you Elsa," he said and touched my knee beneath the table. My cheeks warmed up and I took a sip of the blue drink that the waitress now brought to me. I felt a weird pulsing sensation in my head and my vision was a bit blurry.

"So, why haven't you spoken with me in a while?" I said through the loud music. People were dancing on the dance floor while we were having our serious conversation which isn't going so well. He is getting drunker every minute.

"They were spying on me Els. They might have caught you. Honestly," he grinned. "I didn't know that you would be doing a robbery that date. I'm so happy that I found you in time and not the police," he sighed.

"With that device?" I asked. Jack nodded his head and was waving his glass in his hand, the liquid was like a whirling storm inside the glass, spinning round and round. "You could have just given it an electronic shock so it would have been nullified. Don't you know anything?" I sighed but then I see the look on his face. Yeah, he sure doesnt know anything about electronics.

Jack cleared his throat, "Anyway. I found out that taking a dip in water might do it. The thing was that they could come after me quickly because they know the last location where I would be. But now I outsmarted them." He laughed with excitement.

Suddenly Jack smiled and watched at me. "Now we're here," he said with honey in his voice that got me embarrassed. I inhaled deeply and started to drink my drink with straw. Jack laughed to my actions and I glared at him. "Marry me," he whispered which made me angry.