vii. shooting lessons

shooting lessons | the flea and the acrobat

⌝⌑⌜

( remember what i said about some people having shitty dads? some people have shitty moms, too )

⌝⌑⌜

tw : brief mention/description of eating disorders/behaviour associated with one

⌝⌑⌜

AFTER THE funeral, they all went home to spend the rest of the day quietly sitting with their grief, possibly starting a share circle to aid them with their tragic loss or some bullshit.

Jordan assumed that was what people usually did after a funeral, anyway - but he and Jonathan had gone for the slightly unorthodox monster-hunting option instead.

The first thing they did when they got back to the house was pull Joyce away from Lonnie, who was attempting to lure the woman into sharing a drink with him on Will's behalf.

Jonathan intervened their conversation under the pretense of wanting to speak to Lonnie about something, and Jordan quietly led the still bleary-eyed Joyce into her bedroom and tucked her in, urging her to rest for a little while before taking on the world again.

The next thing they did was start preparing for battle.

They took turns in the bathroom to shower and change, during which time Jordan slapped a bunch of moisturiser on his face to try return some colour to it only to accomplish looking severely malnourished and shiney.

Great.

Jordan returned from the bathroom dressed in the last clean pair of jeans he owned,  grabbing a dark flannel Jonathan had let him borrow from the nightstand to pull it on as Jonathan tossed the comic he had been reading to the side.

"Alright, so I was thinking," Jonathan started, not looking nearly as wrecked as he had been only an hour ago at the reception, "you've told me a lot of things and I guess I've told you some things too, but we barely even know each other. Like, favourtie colours, or hobbies or - you know, all that stuff."

"And what - d'you wanna play 20 questions, swap stories from our childhood, what are you getting
' at?" Jordan frowned, unsure of the sudden urge to play get to know.

"I don't know, it's just... you really rubbed off on my mom and I don't think she's ever going to let you leave, which means that I'm stuck with you now," Jonathan explained, like it was obvious, sort of sheepish, "so we may as well get to know each other."