What Darkness Brings

I tried looking for him but I was suddenly gripped by a dark figure. I tried to scream but it covered my mouth. It leaned close to my ear and whispered "Belle, what are you looking for?" I turned around to see a very familiar face. Drew.

"What the hell Drew!"

"What, what did I do?"

"You scared the crap out of me I didn't know where you were or who was behind me."

He hugged me and whispered "Sorry, I didn't mean to frighten you. I just wanted to surprise you." As I hugged him even tighter I began to feel bare skin.

"Drew....."

"Yes."

"Where is your shirt?"

"I'm not quite sure, I think I lost it."

"Hahaha."

As we broke free he gave me a box.

"Here, this is for you."

I opened the box to reveal a necklace.I stood there in awe as he gently removed the necklace from the box and put it around my neck.

"Thank you."

"Your welcome babe."

"Drew!"

I slapped him on the shoulder as I walked back to the tent. When I arrived at the tent I saw that it was already open. I wondered, "who could of gotten here before me?" I looked inside the tent but no one was there. I walked back outside but no one was there. I unzipped all the tents to see if anyone was out of there tent. I went to the "Bookworms" tent first. All I found was one focused Annabeth determined to finish her book. I went to the next tent but Tom and Brad hasn't moved. Then I went to the "couples" tent, I looked inside and I saw the cutest thing and ran back to get Annabeth. When we returned I showed Annabeth the sight. What we saw was Kate and Braxton sleeping right next to each other, her head on his chest.

"Awwww" we whispered so we wouldn't wake them. We zipped up their tent and walked back to Anbabeth's tent.

"Goodnight Annabeth." I whispered

"Goodnight Belle, don't do anything bad with Drew."

"I won't but thanks for the warning."

We laughed for a moment then I zipped up her tent and walked back to mine. I walked inside to find no one. "Ahh finally some alone time." I zipped up the tent and walked over to my bag that I had packed for the trip. I searched around to find the one thing that would get my mind off of Drew, my book,The Land of Stories. After an hour of reading I bookmarked my place and walked outside to stretch my legs.

I walked out my tent but I still didn't see Drew. I must have really been in to that book bc I forgot all about him. As I was deep in thought something dark was approaching that I had no clue about until the air became a little colder. Suddenly the bushes began to shake. It caught me off guard and I nearly screamed but I controlled it.

"This isn't funny Drew, come out right now."

"Fine, I give up."

I turned around to where Drew was, right at the edge of the woods. "Well if Drew didn't come out of bushes, then who is in the bushes?" I asked myself as I turned back around to face them. The rustling stopped just for a moment then they began to shake once again. by this time I was freaking out but Drew kept walking over to me like everything was fine. Everything was not fine, something is wrong with these bushes and I'm going to find out what.

I walked closer to the bushes and right as I did two dark figures came stumbling out.

"Who are y'all?" I asked

"May we stay at your campsite for the night?"

I looked back at Drew, but by this point I didn't even care about his decision. He shook his head.

"Yes, you may stay at our campsite for now."

"Thank you" they said in unison as they both started to fall forward. I tried to catch them both but one was all my body could hold. Drew rushed over to help me. He sat them by the campfire while I ran to get some blankets for our guests. I set the blankets down and checked their temperatures, both were burning up. I decide to put the fire out so our guests wouldn't burn up. I tried to find my way back to the tent but tripped. I tried to catch myself but something caught me.