zero

CHAPTER NUMBER ZERO; AND THERE'S NO TIME LIKE THE PAST

PENELOPE HAD to get out of that school, She could not stay in that place and continue to watch as Josie Saltzman sacrificed herself and her happiness for her sisters, she had talked to her mother and father about going to an all girl witch boarding school across the world and now it was just a matter of her getting all of her things and just leaving the place behind in the memories, but she found that even harder for her to do as rolled her suitcase down the hall.

In a matter of seconds Penelope found herself stopping in her tracks when the sound of heels clicking against the wooden floorboards filled her ears, and she slowly turned on her heels and found her ex girlfriend staring at her still in her dress from the miss mystic falls pageant.

"You weren't gonna say goodbye?" Josie asked the girl, as she eyed the girl who stood in front of her with her suitcase right besides her, and another bag hanging off of her shoulder.

"I did, in my letter." Penelope replied as she stared back at the girl, letting out a deep sigh. "Which I'm guessing, you finally read."

"Belgium?" Josie asked her.

"My mom got a job." Penelope stated bluntly, as she stayed in her spot. "And there's a great witch only school, so I don't have to deal with wolves or vamps or Lizzie."

"Penelope, don't leave." Josie spoke sadly, finally starting to teary up at as she took another step closer to the girl. "Don't leave."

"You know, for weeks, I have been hoping that you would give me one reason to stay, instead-" Penelope told the girl seriously and she had to pause for a moment as she had let out a shaky breathe. "Instead, you gave me a thousand reasons to go."

"Losing on purpose, always putting yourself second. My heart can't take it." Penelope said back to the girl as she let out a deep breathe as felt her hands shake a little as tears filled her eyes. "And I will not wait around and watch what happens to you next."

Josie furrowed her eyebrows as she had stared back at the park girl in confusion, she asked her "What are you talking about?"

Penelope took in a deep breathe, before she grabbed a journal out of her bag and holding it in her hands and Josie watched the girl closely.

"You know the pens I was using to spy?" She asked the girl as she held the journal in her hands, and slowly handed it to her. "This records all of it, it's basically a log of everything written down at the Salvatore school. And I want you to read what your dad wrote about something called the merge."

"I don't understand." Josie spoke lowly, her confusion still clear to Penelope.

"Well you will," Penelope told the girl before she gently caressed Josie's cheek. "And one day you will understand why I did everything I did."

Josie slowly nodded at her words, a small tear falling down her cheek as she stared back at her and Penelope moved her hand back up to her cheek and wiped away the girls tear.

Penelope let out a small breathe before leaning into the girl and pressing her lips to hers, and the two girls kissed on last time, their own lips moving against each other for a moment until Josie pulled away from the girl and she let out a small cry and Penelope quickly pulled her into a tight hug, not wanting to let go of her but she had to.

"I love you, Jojo." Penelope whispered, and the two girls pulled away from each other for a moment as Penelope stared into Josie's sad eyes. "I love you with all of my obnoxious, selfish, evil heart."

Josie cried harder at the girl words, nodding her head as hot tears fell down her face and the two girls embraced each other one last time before Penelope pulled away, and Josie had no choice but to watch the park girl walk out of her life once and for all.

Penelope slowly walked through the dark road as she headed off to the bus stop, dragging her bag with her as she held her cellphone to her ear and let out a deep breathe.

"Hey, it's me." Penelope spoke on the phone to her older sister as she made her way to the bus stop, still upset from her goodbye with Josie.

"Yeah, I just left the school." Penelope said into the phone, "listen, I'm going now. I'll uh, meet you guys back in Belgium. Love you, bye."

Penelope let out a deep breathe, and went to hang up the phone as she approached the bus stop but soon found herself stopping as she felt the ground shaking and low growl filled her ears causing her to freeze in her stop.

Slowly she turned on her heels and her eyes widened as she saw a large, troll like creature heading towards her in a hurry and she had instantly dropped to the ground.

In seconds Penelope flew into the grass as the creature charged at her, and her things flew everywhere and her eyes widened, she quickly tried to get up but failed and raised her hands into the air and sent a blast the creatures way, sending it flying backwards.

Penelope quickly rushed off to her bag, and forced it opened as she quickly grabbed an grimoire, and opened it up as the creature quickly headed back towards her in a hurry and her eyes widened as she flipped through the pages of the grimoire trying to find the right spell to get rid of the thing.

Penelope stopped at a spell she had been looking at, and prayed that it would work as

"referri ad tempus, praeteritum referri accipe, quom praeterito." Penelope chanted as she held her hands towards the creature as it had rushed towards her. "referri ad tempus, praeteritum referri accipe, quom praeterito."

Before she could even process it, a bright white light came from Penelope's hands and both her and the creature had went flying in opposite directions and Penelope hit the ground and in just a few second she had disappeared.

AUTHORS NOTE hey y'all welcome to the prologue of this book, it's unedited. I'm just getting into this book obviously but it will pick up soon, anyways. That's all, I think. Lol.