7| Gangsters on my back.

Start from the beginning

"Riviera," I called out to a good officer friend of mine. "What's up, querido?" She walked up to me with a small smile.

"¿Puede ayudarme?" I kindly asked. My Spanish wasn't flawless but it was quite good if you ask me.

"How can I help you?" She asked. "I need to get home to change. As you can see these guys are liking the not fully clothed Tommy," she laughed with a small nod.

"Let's go," she nodded towards her cop car. We rode together with me in the passenger seat in silence.

"Your partner, Detective Bryce," she caught my attention. "Is he free to, you know..." I know what she means but I didn't like it.

"I'm not sure. We've only been partners for one week," I honestly answer. "I see. Do you like him?" I shrugged one arm. "He's a good partner, I guess," she shook her head with a small tsk.

"No. Do you like him? Like if I were to jump his bones would you mind?" She smiled slyly like she was thinking about it. "I wouldn't mind," I was lying through my white teeth.

I would definitely mind and I don't know why I would. It's not we're dating and I slept with his roommate. I still feel horrible for that honestly.

Gina pulls up to my gate. "I think I might just jump that," she slyly remarked. "Have fun, Gina. Thanks for the ride," I hopped out of the car.

She pulled out and left with the honk of her car bell.

With a sigh, I put in the gate pin code and walked up to my house. The whole time as I changed into my work clothes I kept thinking about how I ended up in bed with Bryce's roommate. I just feel so bad and I don't know why. It definitely wasn't my first one-nightstand and yet...

With one last sigh, I pulled my hair into a ponytail and walked downstairs to grab my car keys.

I drove over to the station and got a bit of information about the victim. It wasn't a lot but it was a starter. With the information of her family and their residence, I headed over to their house.

Their house was in a dangerous neighbourhood of the city but I didn't fear because I wasn't here to cause any trouble.

Walking up the front porch I knock on the door and wait patiently for an answer. A couple of minutes pass by until a woman appears to be forty or older opens the door.

"Hi, Mrs Johnson," I start my greeting but she soon cuts me off. "Miss Johnson. I ain't married to nobody," she rudely corrects.

"Okay then. My name is Detective Tommy Roy and I have a couple of things I want to speak to you, concerning your daughter, Tiffany Johnson," the woman sighs out of irritation.

"What has Tiff done now?" She looks at me with a bored expression. "Ms Johnson, it's not about what she's done. It's more about who's done what to her," my patience for her lack of care was running really thin.

"What do you mean?" She looked even more uninterested than before. "Tiffany Johnson was found dead in her apartment earlier today. She was murdered," I practically scolded.

Ms Johnson furrowed her eyebrows before she stepped aside and mumbled, "Come in."

I walked into her small home and although it didn't look the best outside, it was remarkably clean inside. Ms Johnson lead me down a small hallway to the living and gestured me to have a seat.