11| Dr Blomme

My hollow heart felt heavier than usual

My hollow heart felt heavier than usual. I wanted to hate Jessie with a burning passion for saying all those horrible things about me but I just couldn't. Because deep down I knew very well that she uttered no lie earlier on today.

Despite her honesty, I didn't appreciate her harshness.

After Larisaa left for an emergency shift at the hospital, I couldn't stand being alone in my house after that heated altercation. I just had to be somewhere with a little crowd. But even this busy diner can't muffle Jessie's words replaying in my mind. I still feel so alone with all these people around me.

"Didn't your mother tell you that food is to be eaten and not stabbed around the plate?" An oddly familiar husky voice disturbed my train of thought.

I looked up to meet a slightly familiar handsome face. His golden brown eyes evoked a rather sinful memory that caused an unwelcomed blush to my cheeks. "Aren't you Bryson's roommate?" I let out, wracking my mind for who this gorgeous man's name.

Quite hilarious how I thought I was pregnant earlier on and now I'm bumping into the guy that would've been the father. And I can't even remember his name.

The handsome lad feigned offense with a slight smile. "I must say, I'm hurt. Forgetting names after a night of fun is my job you know," and suddenly this handsome lad's name crash-landed into my mind.

"Bryan," I let out a small chuckle. It was barely a chuckle given how out of it I was right now.
"She finally remembers," he dramatically joked.

Bryan took a seat in the chair in front of me. "Usually I avoid any contact with previous one-nightstands but seeing that you're Bryce's partner I figured our paths would eventually cross again," he explained and I gave a small nod.

"We don't need to be friends just because Bryson is my partner," I stoically put it.

Bryan chuckled. His laugh was deep and rich like thick sweet honey.

Ahh, now I see how I ended up in bed with this man.

He was hot but in a funny sense I found myself him to Bryson. Bryan had perfect caramel skin that he suited with a clean fade cut. His thick eyebrows were intense but they were probably what made him so handsome. His pink lips curved slightly with a small smile that probably lit up this small diner. With all his attractive features I still felt like Bryce was a different kind of level of hot.

Bryce could turn a bad day into the best with just a simple smile. Bryan's smile on the other hand was the kind that aroused you without intention, but I'm pretty sure he intented to arouse women with it. Bryce's intelligence made you question your own but he never intentionally made you feel stupid. He challenged your intellectualism and it was exhilarating.