3

Bruce

It is terrifying indeed to walk the earth alone, to be alone and to be left alone.
To lift a foot towards the unknown without anyone else beside you.
To reach a destination without anyone celebrating with you.
To achieve something without a glimpse of recognition.

It is indeed mortifying.

But isn't it mortifying if you can't stand on your own?
Isn't it terrifying not to walk independently and conquer battles on your own and depend mainly on others?                             
Isn't it terrifying to have another hold your gun when in a battle and all you can do is to hide behind them as uncertainties slowly crept behind you.

We depend our validation and comfort in the hands of others to the extent that our happiness is with them.
That our growth depends on them, that the progress we have is tied to their progress.

Without the other you cannot move to another tile of the floor, without the other you can't do anything. You are nothing without the other.

What will happen if they decided to go alone or to spend their journey with someone that's not you.

What will happen then?

Will you stay? Will you chase after them? Or will you find another just to continue your journey because you can't stand being alone?