"Of course your not" Taehyung said.

See, he agrees with me.

"Your worth way more than any money. Your priceless" Taehyung said softly. Jungkook eyes gazed up not believing what he heard. Taehyung gave him a warm smile and put his hand on Jungkook's shoulder. "Stop doubting yourself" He said and Jungkook couldn't help but feel lighter.

-

Soon the pair came inside Taehyung's new home with a few shopping bags in their hands. Taehyung plopped them down on the couch the turned to Jungkook. "Well, this is my new home" He said with a welcoming smile.

"Thanks for letting me stay for a bit hyung" Jungkook said gratefully looking around at the small apartment fit for 1 or 2. There was a tiny kitchen but big enough to have everything they needed, with a 6 seat dining table right in front of that and a small lounge area at the back with a corridor with 2 doors.

The two unpacked Jungkook items and put them into the suitcase they bought for Jungkook to keep his clothes and stuff. After that Taehyung suggest to just relax and watch movies. Jungkook being the obeying person he'd become, had no complaint. So they spent the next few hours watching movies and having dinner that Taehyung made.

Taehyung knew Jungkook wasn't comfortable yet. He knew the boy was always hiding his feelings and always was uneasy. He never spoke unless spoken to or absolutely necessary. He did everything he was told to do. Taehyung knew Jungkook wasn't going to open up to him just yet. So he tried to just do simple things like clean the house, watch movies and have casual conversations to try get Jungkook to relax a bit.

Later then when it time to sleep, the two went into Taehyung's room. There was only one bedroom. "I brought my mattress from my house with Hoseok hyung here as a spare. You can sleep on the bed and I'll stay on the mattress" Taehyung said looking at the mattress right next to the double bed.

"Why would I sleep on the bed? It's your house" Jungkook protested. "But your my guest" Taehyung said.

"No don't worry about me. I'll stay on the mattress" Jungkook urged and flopped himself on it so Taehyung couldn't take it. Taehyung sighed knowing how much Jungkook had tried to not to cause 'trouble' to Taehyung so this time he let Jungkook have his way. "Ok then" He said. "Go change in the bathroom." Jungkook got up straight away and did as he was told.

Once they were ready for bed, Taehyung said "Goodnight" Which Jungkook replied to. The lights were switched off and they both tried to doze off.

Jungkook didn't close his eyes straight away. He thought about his day. It had been the most easiest day to live so far. Too easy. It didn't feel right. Not for Jungkook. He was always treated like terribly. To the point he thought the way he lived under Joon was all he was meant for. He couldn't do anything else.

But Taehyung found him. He took him. Away from that. Away from those horrific days that Jungkook was beaten to a pulp. He brought him here. And he didn't hurt him or speak harshly to him. Thinking about these thoughts Jungkook drifted to sleep.

Taehyung had fallen asleep earlier but not after he thought lots about how he wanted to give Jungkook a new life. He wanted to help Jungkook become mentally normal again. And he knew he could do it.

-

While Taehyung was sound asleep, a noise then disrupted it. It was something not very audible but Taehyung got awoken by it. He slowly opened his eyes but everything was were it was. He could still hear that noise. But he couldn't hear it clearly so he couldn't make out what it was. It sounded very muffled.

Then Taehyung heard a sniffle. And some more. The sniffles sounded like it was trying it's hardest not to be heard. He realised it was crying. Jungkook crying.

Taehyung got slightly worried and rolled over. He pushed himself to sit up and peered over at the mattress below him. He could see Jungkook's back turned to him but it was moving in rhythm to the sobs.

Taehyung felt his heart stoop low hearing the poor boy cry. He went over to the edge of the bed and got off. "Jungkook-ah" He said as quickly as possible not to scare Jungkook and bent down behind him. Straight away the sniffles stopped and Jungkook stopped moving. Taehyung reached out and gently put a hand on his back. "Kook"

Jungkook then slowly got himself sitting up. "Jungkook are you ok?" Taehyung asked as Jungkook turned around to face him but kept his head looking down. It was dark so Taehyung wouldn't see the tears on Jungkook's face but he knew it was there.

Suddenly Jungkook started crying again and shook his head. He kept his hands in his lap and bent his back slightly downwards and sobbed louder this time. "He's...He's gonna get me....I know he will. He's going to b-beat me again. He's go...ing to f-find me and hurt me for l...leaving him. He's going to keep...hurting me" Jungkook stuttered through his sobs.

Taehyung felt so upset hearing Jungkook sound so scared. He leaned closer and engulfed the younger in his arms. "Jungkook, Joon cannot come and get you. The police have already found him and have taken him in for questioning. Since you don't want to show up for his trial we already sent hospital papers, security footage of me leaving your house with your wounded body to the car and other things that are enough to prove Joon guilty" Taehyung said trying to reassure the boy he was safe. Taehyung held Jungkook close against him rubbing his back gently trying to calm him down. "Joon will never hurt you again. Ok?"

Jungkook lifted his head up and nodded. He then wiped away his tears but still sniffled a lot. "You wanna go back to sleep?" Taehyung asked since it was the middle of the night.

"C-Can I...sleep with you? Please" Jungkook asked innocently just needing some comfort to take away his fear.

Taehyung was slightly taken aback by this question and immediately blushed. He was thankful it was dark and Jungkook couldn't see his cheeks heating up at the thought of Jungkook sleeping with him. But Taehyung pushed that thought away. Why am I thinking so stupidly when this is a serious and sad situation. Jungkook is vulnerable and just needs comfort with him right now.

"Sure" Taehyung replied. "Thank you" Jungkook muttered as they both stood up. Taehyung got on the bed and Jungkook followed him. The 2 slipped under the sheets and got comfortable.

"I'm sorry" Jungkook whispered. "I'm not used to this. I'm still scared of Joon" Tears started flowing from Jungkook's eyes again. Taehyung scooted closer and wrapped his arms around Jungkook holding him close again. "Shhh. It's ok to be scared. But don't be. I've got you. Shh" Taehyung said softly as Jungkook held onto Taehyung shirt burying hisself in Taehyung's chest.

"Your going to be ok now" Taehyung said as Jungkook took a deep breath trying to stop himself from trying. He nodded and calmed down. His grip on Taehyung's shirt loosened and his eyes slowly closed as he relaxed in the older's touch.

"Your with me now. Your safe with me" Taehyung whispered as Jungkook drifted to sleep again.