» newt

"Get up, (Y/N)," Newt says, poking your cheek.

"Stop," you murmur, though your lips lift up at his adorable antics. You grab his lone finger, pushing it away as you turn your head away, seeking darkness.

"No, you have to get up. You've got work to do."

"So do you."

"Yeah, but if we're not there and someone finds me in here, I'll get thrown off the Cliff."

"You won't get thrown off; everyone likes you too much," you assure. Pulling the covers over your head, you shut your eyes again, trying to sneak in a few more minutes of rest.

"(Y/N), get up, I'm being serious," he says, though he doesn't sound very serious. The bed dips as he sits down. "Get up."

"You leave first. It's my room anyway." You pull the covers down to look at him.

He smirks, his eyes holding a challenging look. He pokes your side, and you yelp at the ticklish feeling.

"No, Newt. Don't you dare." You sit up, propping one hand behind you to support yourself.

He leans forward, hands reaching for your sides.

"Stop!" you giggle, throwing the blankets towards him. You leap up from the bed, a smile on your face as you watch him struggle to yank the white sheet off of him.

He manages to pull it off, his blond hair a mess. "Well, now that you're up, you might as well get ready."

Pouting playfully, you head into the small bathroom, brushing your teeth and cleaning yourself up. Once you're finished, you change into your day clothing, leaving the Homestead heading towards Frypan to help with your jobs as a Cook.

"Took you long enough," Frypan grumbles, chastising you for being late since the other Gladers have already started eating.

"Sorry," you say, though you don't provide him an explanation for your tardiness.

You head towards the counter, serving the line of Gladers until it seems like they have dispersed. You grab your own bowl, filling it up with food and heading towards the picnic table outside the Homestead.

"Hi, (Y/N)!" Thomas greets, a smile on his face.

"Morning," you return, sitting down across from him which puts you next to Newt.

Thomas gives the two of you a look filled with amusement.

"What?" you ask, raising an eyebrow at him.

He grins. "I saw Newt leave your room this morning."

Newt chokes on his food, the tips of his ears turning red at having been caught.

"Ahh, shuck," you mutter, toying with your bowl as you keep your attention fixed on the table directly in front of you.

"Did you guys do anything?" Thomas asks, his voice cheerful and casual.

"No," Newt answers, his blush deepening further as he runs his hands through his hair, making the ends stick up.

"Really?" your black-haired friend raises an eyebrow at you, a grin gracing his lips.

"Yes."

"You guys are boring."

Newt lets out a nervous chuckle at Thomas' words, and you look up at your friend.

"I wouldn't tell you anyway," Newt says, finally looking up at Thomas.

"Yeah right. We're friends - you're supposed to tell me this."

"Get shucked, Thomas," you say as he stands up.

"Why don't you?" And with that, he leaves, laughing to himself.

You look at Newt, your expression a little apprehensive from the conversation between the two of you and Thomas.

Newt just shakes his head, a small grin playing at his lips. "Well, gotta go," he says. He gets up, placing a small kiss on your cheek as he too, leaves to start his day.

Sorry, this is really bad compared to the rest. I couldn't think of much >.<