Night-Hunting (Part Three)

Huang Shunyuan and Huang Xinyi saw Co Hui stumbled. Before the man hit the ground, the disciples of the Huang Clan catches him carefully, seeing that his eyes were almost closed. "Young Master Co, Can you hear me? Are you okay?" Huang Shunyuan asked with worried eyes, his voice coming out so soft and gentle.

After Lan Chaun ordered them to get Huang You to say sorry to Co Hui directly, the latter was provoked so he immediately went in the mountain without delay. Incredible for him to reach the mountain in a short amount of time.

"What happened to him?" Huang Xinyi asked unconsciously, slamming his mouth shut when he realized what he just questioned. He was claiming inside and outside that he wasn't worried about him yet his eyes shows otherwise. Huang Xinyi was about to check his pulse when he saw that his hands were full of blood. "Shungyuan, look!" He yelled, bringing the hand up.

The other young man's eyes widened, before biting his thumb unconsciously thinking back. "No one touched Young Master Co except Senior You, so what is this? No one attacked him."

"Then why does he looked so pale? He looks out of blood!"

"I don't know Xinyi..."

"We must tell Senior You!"

"But he has something to do too."

As the two younger Huang Disciples brainstormed on what's happening, Wu Xian's head was slightly lowered and his arms hung down as if he was a marionette waiting for the orders of his master.

His face was pale and delicate and could be considered handsome in a melancholy sort of way. However, there were no pupils in his eyes, but only a flat cloud of white, along with a number of black, cracking lines which climbed up his face from his neck, so the melancholy turned into a frightening gloom. The lower hem and sleeves of his robe were ragged and torn, showing a pair of wrists that were the same ashen shade as his face, with black cuffs and chains on both his wrists and ankles. The tinkling sound was produced when he dragged the iron chains on the ground. If he stopped moving, everything would be silent again.

It wasn't hard to guess why all of the cultivators were scared out of their wits. The terrified faces pleased Huang You to his core, making him chuckle. It was amusing and great to see.

Hearing the others call Wu Xian's name, Lan Lifen's blade, which originally pointed at the direction of the soul-consuming goddess, couldn't help but turn toward another direction. Seeing that he was distracted, the soul-consuming goddess gladly extended her arm and picked him up.

As Huang You saw her open mouth approaching Lan Lifen, he looked with amusement as he saw the boy suffers from pain and fear. He was about to ask Co Hui if he wanted him to save the poor boy but another kid grabs his sleeves, pleading to him.

Lan Xiao, "Please, Young Master, save Lifen!"

He raised the wooden flute again with a roll of his eyes, hands slightly steady, Aside from this, the flute Co Hui made was roughly crafted, so the sound produced could be described as coarse and unpleasant to the ear. With two notes, Wu Xian started to move.

Within the blink of an eye, he had already shifted in front of the soul-consuming goddess. Wu Xian used the side of his palm and gave a blow. The soul-consuming goddess's neck cracked, and although her body didn't move, her head was twisted around because of the force. She faced the direction of which her back originally faced, but kept on smiling. Wu Xian gave another blow with his hand, and the soul-consuming goddess's right hand, which was holding Lan Lifen, was cleanly cut off.

She bowed her head to look at the wrist which broke off sharply. Instead of turning her head toward the correct direction, her entire body turned around, so that she was facing Wu Xian with her face and her back. Huang You took a deep breath and commanded Wu Xian to fight. However, not long had passed, and he became even more shocked.