Night-Hunting (Part Two)

Start from the beginning

'What's the meaning of that?'

That's when Huang Xinyi reacted. "Huh? Us too?" He looked at the older male. "We have a different mission, right, Shunyuan?" The older nodded. He turned to Co Hui, "Young Master Co, we need to bring you to our Senior or else-" Lan Chaun suddenly gave Huang Shunyuan a cold stare making him stop, tying his tongue.

"Or else?" Asked Co Hui.

Huang Xinyi and Huang Shunyuan looked at each other in sync, both terrified. Lan Chaun, "Call your Senior and bring him here, he was the one who needs to apologize to him." Both of the juniors nodded, bowing before leaving immediately.

After some silence, Li Changpu said. "Senior Lan, please take care of... him." The older gave him a nod that confused Co Hui who was gently dragged by his hand. Lan Chaun was firmly gripping his hands pulling Co Hui with him.

"My donkey..." They stopped as Lan Chaun pulled the donkey's reign, before continuing. "Uhm... I just want to say that I am not a cultivator... So, please take care of me?" The request Co Hui wanted them to hear turned into a question. Two reasons, first, it was his fault why he was here, second, how dare him to ask such a request to the people he only met. But to his surprise, Li Chaun looked at him with a nod. The simple nod made his heart swell because he was the second person that he remembers saying that to him.

Li Changpu already vanished from their back following the other Lan disciple. They still have a mission to be completed. He knows that he will receive punishment when they come back to Lan Sect since he depended on Chen Chenguang.

After walking for a while, the gurgling sounds of a running stream came into Co Hui's ears. He didn't hear this when he came up. Co Hui finally realized that they walked the wrong path down the mountain, and onto another one that forked off.

"What are we doing here, Young Master Lan? The exit is on the other side..."

Still holding the reins of the donkey, Lan Chaun stood beside the running water. Signing for Co Hui he should come. The young man did what the other man wanted him to do, standing near Lan Chaun.

The moon could be seen high in the sky. With no branches or leaves on the banks of the stream, fragments of white reflected over the surface. In the reflection, Co Hui saw a face, ever-changing from the flow of the water. He saw how dirty he looked making him ashamed to even look at the handsome man at his side. The young man's hair is even worst, sticking in different directions.

After realizing what Lan Chaun wanted him to do, he slammed his palm into the water, dissolving the ridiculous features. He lifted his dripping wet palms and wiped away the dirt on his face. He was traveling for days so that's why he looked like that.

A handsome, graceful youth appeared in the reflections of the water. He looked as pure as if he had been cleansed by moonlight, with smooth brows, bright eyes, and lips curving slightly upward. Yet, as he lowered his head to stare at himself, the drops of water hanging from his lashes rolled off, as if they were drops of tears.

Suddenly the other man started brushing his hair with his hands, "Young Master Lan, you don't need to that-"

Either way, the taller man continued even Co Hui protested, again and again, in the end, he gave up. The male was not sure why he let him touch his head, even his hair, Co Hui was also perplexed about why he reacted differently when Li Changpu was about to do it yet here he is, making a higher-ranking person fix his hair.

Co Hui flinched slightly, stunned when the other man started tying the upper part of his hair with a light blue ribbon, fixing it in place neatly.

"..."