“Please get out.” I groaned and with a chuckle she closed the door behind me. “I’ll get some clothes for you!” she called out before hearing the bedroom’s door close.

The warm water tickled my body and quickly I scrubbed the sweat and the dried blood on my left side. When I finished the shower, I pulled the towel, which was twice bigger than me, and got out. Thankful to find a clean pair of jeans and a purple sweater, as also underwear, I changed and got out from the room.

Jericho’s living room looked warm at first glance. On the far right corner an artificial fireplace was glowing and a huge carpet, with patterns of the forest, was sprawled to the wooden floor. Two couches were placed on an L line and three poufs were lying on the floor and light was coming from the hidden light tubs on the ceiling. The left side was covered by a study, which included a really expensive computer and the wall around it was covered with shelves and books.

A door opened as I strode to the balcony doors close to the fireplace and Jericho came out, wearing his reading glasses. “How are you feeling?”

“Much better.” I turned. “Thank you for taking care of me.”

He shook his head. “No need. You deserve much better.”

I snorted. “I never thought of that. In fact, my life had always been a shithole.”

“I saw the article.” He said suddenly and I held my breath. “Who did this to you Claire?”

Telling him would change everything. The past year I had fought with guilt and sadness and the growing feeling of utter hatred. That night a year ago, I had lost two of the most precious people of my life.

And I couldn’t do anything to save them. 

But as I watched the werewolf waiting patiently for an answer, the idea of opening didn’t sound so foreign. After living with the three men for almost a month, I understood that even the hardest souls were in dire need for comfort. I took a deep breath and spoke truthfully for the first time.

“The one who gave me these scars, the one who made me run away was my father.”

“Claiiiirreee!” Mina sung and opened the door halting Jericho who had taken two steps towards me. He looked like he had been punched to the gut but his eyes didn’t show pity, only fury transforming his blue orbs into two black pools of darkness.

Elfas’s head appeared on the doorway while Mina hid behind my back. “You come back here right now!” he shouted at Mina who snickered behind me.

“What happened Elfas?”

He pointed at her. “She stole my emeralds! I’ve been working on them for two years!”

Sighing, I turned and pinched Mina’s ear. I began walking to the door, while Mina walked in a funny way with me cursing and swearing. “I am taking her to my room.” I told Elfas but I didn’t turn to look at Jericho while I said “I’ll talk to you later.”

Mina had taken one of the guest rooms, which had magically appeared on the left side of the staircase. I still frowned as I passed the door and dumped the girl, which I was starting to realize was older than me, to the couch. “Todd!” I hollered and in a blink of an eye he stood beside me.

He looked awful; his usually rainbow colored hair was like a bird had smacked him and his eyes had dark circles under them. Elfas and Jericho entered the room too and quietly decided to stand by the wall. “Claire-”

I cut him off with my hand. “We will be civilized. You will explain everything to us,” I pointed at Mina “and you will later get a shower, change your clothes because you look like a truck has passed over you.”

The Outcastsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें