•Chapter 3•

~Angel's POV~

I smirk and say "How nice of you to ask. We can finally have our first date together. This is gunna be fun, Al." He roles his eyes and opens the door. We head out and start to walk. After a few awkward moments of walking he finally starts to talk.

He says some boring stuff about working at the hotel and shit. After all of that is done we start to talk about random things from food to why random things are the colors they are. I'm having a really good time. We walk past this place full of aquariums.

He sees me staring so he asks if I wanna go inside. I obviously say yes and we head inside. I start to gaze at the fish in the tanks. They look so peaceful. They can swim around freely without a care in the world. No fear of dying, no insecurities to worry about, no one to call them a disappointment. Just them, the water, and their tanks.

~Alastor's POV~

Angel starts to walk around and gaze at the fish. He looks peaceful like this. He has this soft smile on his face as he walks around and just watches the fish swim freely. He honestly looks cute like this. "Hey, Angel Darling, what's your favorite fish? You seem to like them."

He looks at me, thinks for a bit, then he speaks up. "The blob fish and the angel fish." After he says that, he takes my hand and leads me to the fishes he said. The blob fish looks gross while the Angel fish looks cute. For a demon, he likes the word Angel a lot.

"Awww... that poor blob fish. They took it out of its natural habitat and now it looks like that."

I look at Angel. "Why do you mean?"

He smiles and gets excited. "Blob fish ain't supposed to look like that. They're meant to be deep in the ocean in places with heavy pressure. When taken out of their natural environment and brought up to places with less pressure, they look like that. It's cruel to name them after what they look like once you've taken them out of their natural environment. It's your fault they look like blobs, not theirs."

"Where did you learn this?"

He looks at me and falters for a second then catches it and his smile returned but I catch it as well. "Well, Al, the better question here is: how and why do they have earth fish here?" He says, deflecting. It makes sense he deflected. Demons like Angel are paid for their body not their smarts. It makes sense he would deflect after accidentally showing off his knowledge.

I decide to ignore the falter in bud face and shrug. "Probably a sin being bored."

Angel gasps. "What? Alastor does that know something for once? That's... that's... impossible!" He says all exaggerated. I give him an unamused look, my smile never faltering. I roll my eyes and walk to a tank a few tanks down. Angel follows while laughing.

He starts to talk about what other fish he finds cute and shows me what they look like. Some of them I agree with but others I don't. Time flies by and by the time we notice how long we've been at this place, it's lunchtime. "It seems we spent quite a long time here." He hums and nods in agreement.

"If you're interested, I know this place we can go to. They serve the best food." Angels nods and smiles. We make our way to the restaurant and talk some more. Angel slips in dirty comments a lot. They seem forced, as if trying to convince me of his promiscuous nature after that slip up before. I ignore them as, aside from that, the conversation we're having is pretty nice. Once we arrive there, we take our seats and order. We talk some more and eat.

-
-
-

We make our way out of the restaurant having a small debate

"Pineapple on Pizza is absolutely gross. Not even hell deserves such a sinner in it." I scoff at his remark. "Pineapple on pizza is great. The flavor is amazing as well." Angel gives me this disgusted look and roles his eyes. We debate over whether pineapple should be on pizza or not.

We were friendly arguing so much we didn't notice we had stepped into grounds where a turf war was happening. This is... odd... I should've been able to sense the danger and hear the gunshots. Was I so relaxed I let my guard down? That's... impossible. I never let my guard down.

Once I snap out of my thoughts, I hear gunshots from a distance. We stop talking and look around. My ears twitch in the direction I hear the shots from and I look. The gunshots start to get closer so we try to get away. We turn around to go the opposite direction but there's someone blocking our way. A few someones blocking our way.

I try to reason with the person but they just won't listen. I am finally in a good mood after this whole week has been nothing but horrible and these goons want to ruin it. For the first time in a long time, I don't want to fight. But Angel decides to jump in. I start to get annoyed when Angel jumps in. He starts to talk and I can tell that if he keeps talking, it won't end well. I whisper to him "Angel, Dear, if you don't stop talking right now it's gunna get ugly. Lets not interfere in their turf war. I feel not like fighting."

He whispers back "I got this." and keeps talking. The guys are starting to get mad and they cock the weapons they have pointed at us. I sigh and shake my head. "So young and so naive. I was trying to be civil." I look at Angel who has this shit eating grin growing on his face. Before they shoot, he pulls out two guns from somewhere and starts to shoot at them. I'm... not gonna ask.

I duck and take cover from the firing and Angel follows. He revealed two more arms and is now holding 3 more guns that he stole from the dead bodies. "Angel we are not doing this. Charlie will be upset if she sees we're part of this. Plus, as stated before. I feel not like fighting, Mon Ange." Angel looks at me and hands me a gun.

"Well, it's too late for us to back out now. We're surrounded, Al. The best thing to do is kill our way out of this Situation."

"We're surrounded because of you."

"Potato, potato, tomato, tomato."

I sigh and look around, realizing he's correct. The one time I don't want to fight is the one time I find myself in a situation where I could bullshit to Charlie that I had to kill to 'protect Angel' and she would, begrudgingly so, take it as an excuse for me killing.