Chapter 9 - Bad Day

Notes

Regular - English

Bold - Japanese

------------------------------------------

Y/n woke up, having no classes today as she yawned a bit and did her morning routine, staying in her (favorite band) shirt and shorts before opening the door to her room, only to be greeted by a certain red head.

"I heard you were smoking last night" was all he said, making her panic inside.

"You know I think I left my hair iron on!" she said about to leave before he grabbed her hand.

"I don't think so" he said.

"Shit..." she muttered.

Y/n was now in the living room, sitting on the couch as she was being scolded by Kirishima. Sero soon joined in on the conversation as Bakugo watched in amusement. Mina and Kaminari were in the kitchen, making breakfast as they were hearing the conversation.

"Do you know how much damage it can do to your lungs!?" Kirishima exclaimed.

"Its better than vaping..." Y/n said as Kirishima and Sero gave her a look making her avoid eye contact with him.

"But it's still smoking!" Sero reasoned.

"Look, I'm fine! I'm not addicted to it or anything! It's just a bit of a coping mechanism for when I'm really stressed or I need to get my mind off things!" She said, looking at her friends. "I know the consequences! But you don't have to worry, I barely even do it!"

"That's not the point!" The two boys said in unison as Y/n could see Bakugo try stifling a laugh which made her a bit pissed.

"Can I punch him now?" She questioned the two parent like boys.

"No" they said in unison again making Bakugo end up letting out his laugh.

"Bakugo, kitchen, now" Kirishima said making Bakugo nod, still laughing.

"You are so dead" he said quietly to Y/n with a smug look, but as he was walking past her she stuck her foot out, making him trip, stumbling forwards a bit. She snickered as he glared at her before leaving and going to the kitchen.

Though the scolding didn't end there. They continued to reason with her on why smoking is bad. She pretended to listen to them, already knowing what they were going to talk about, having been through this scolding multiple times with Itsuka. And every time she got scolded it became more and more tiring.

"Y/n? Are you listening?" Sero questioned, making Y/n come out from her thoughts.

"Uh, yeah. Can I go now? I have classes" she said, lying to her friends as she looked at them. They glanced at each other before they both nodded. "Thanks" she said before she grabbed her bag and left.

She started to head to the coffee shop to cool down, her patience already burning out. She dodged past some people that were walking towards her as they dis the same. Seeing the coffee shop in the distance, she let out a small sigh of relief before someone called out to her.

"Hey! Y/n!" A voice called out. The h/c haired girl looked over at the voice and saw that it was Itsuka. She gave her red haired friend a small smile, stopping in her tracks as the female went over to her. "Heading to the coffee shop again?" she questioned.

Y/n nodded. "Yeah, you too?" she asked.

"I am" Itsuka smiled. "Why not go together?" she questioned making the girl nod.

"Yeah, sure" Y/n gave her friend a small smile before they started to head to the coffee shop together.

While the two were making their way to the coffee shop, the red head noticed that her friend seemed bothered. "Everything okay? It looks like something's bothering you"

"Yeah I'm fine. Just a bit grumpy since I didn't get enough sleep last night is all" the h/c haired girl gave her friend a smile before looking away, not wanting to make eye contact with her.

"You guys had another fight, didn't you?" she said.

"No..Maybe.....yeah.." Y/n sighed, running a hand through her hair. "It's fine though, I'm over it a little" she reassured her friend.

"You sure? Don't you want to at least talk about it?" she questioned

"Yeah, I already talked about it with Sero. He's a good listener as well" Y/n smiled, looking up at the sky.

The two continued to talk as they made it to the coffee shop. Buying themselves a drink and maybe a few sweets, they sat down at a table as they both took out their laptops. Talking about the assignments that they have to do, helping each other out and dissing a certain blonde every now and then..

"He's so annoying, he really does think he's the shit. Sometimes I just want to punch his face" Y/n said, sighing a bit, looking at her screen.

"But we love him" Itsuka said with a smile.

"I meeaaannn, you would think thaaaat, but not really. I just tolerate him" Y/n said.

"Well I tolerate you too" a certain voice said.

"What, are you a stalker now?" Y/n questioned sarcastically, before looking at the blonde.

He pulled up a chair and sat down in it. "And are you a wuss because you can't say that to my face?" Neito said as Y/n put a hand on her heart.

"What? I would never say such vulgar things" sarcasm seeped through her voice as the two started to bicker, Itsuka watching it all, seeing that it was normal for them to bicker. The bickering continued as both adults didn't back down, not wanting the other to win.

"Alright, that's enough you two. We don't want to cause a scene" Itsuka said with a smile, as the two slowly settled down, Y/n glaring at Neito as he only had a smug look on his face.

"Good, her breath stinks anyway. What? Did you have a smoke before you came here or something?" Neito teasingly said the h/c haired woman, leaning against the table a bit.

Y/n hesitantly opened her mouth before looking out the window. "Stop spouting bullshit..." she muttered. Both young adults stopped what they were doing as Itsuka had a serious expression.

"Y/n" she started. "We talked about this. You said you would stop smoking. You know it's bad" she said, before they knew it, the h/c haired girl snapped.

"It was just once! I know the consequences! You don't think I know that!? I already have Kirishima and Sero in my hair! I don't need you or Neito in my hair either!" she raised her voice causing the people in the coffee shop to become startled from her sudden outburst as Y/n took notice. She huffed, muttering an apology and starting to pack up her stuff. "I'm leaving" she told her friends as she shoved her laptop in her bag. "Buy whatever the hell you want I'll just put it on my tab". The red head and blonde watched their friend leave, muttering incoherent Italian slur words as she left the coffee shop. The two adults looked at each other with worry of their friend, seeing that she seemed to be in a worse mood.

The h/c haired girl wandered around the streets, seeming very angry as people stayed out of her way, not wanting to make her even more angry. Slowly, she found herself a park that didn't have a lot of people. Sitting down on the swing, she put her headphones in and plugged them into her phone as she tried listening to music, to calm herself down while slowly going back and forth on the swing. She stayed at the park until it became dark, not caring if people thought of her weirdly.

Getting a few text messages from her friends, she would ignore them and even muting their messages. After calming down a bit, she saw that it was late, having it be 11 at night. Dreading to go back to her apartment, she forced herself off the swing and started to head back. Turning off her music and taking out her headphones before shoving them in her back pocket, she took a deep breath of the fresh night air, listening to cars pass by her. Enjoying the breeze that came her way, she slowly made it to her apartment. Staring at the door, she hesitantly unlocked the door with her keys and opened it.

"I'm home"