Gemini

Reid

About an hour had past since I told Nolan about my mom. We found ourselves sitting down on the floor of the balcony looking up at the dark, star-painted sky. I let the back of my head sink into Nolan's shoulder as my back rested against him. His arms wrapped around my waist, holding me close. I was beyond embarrassed that he had seen me cry, but Nolan hadn't let go of me since. Normally I'd hate being touched so much by another person, but when it came to Nolan, I didn't mind. The fact that I didn't mind was a little terrifying, I wasn't used to wanting another person's touch. I could feel the slow rise and fall of his chest against me, and his soft breath against my ear. I couldn't think of anything more tranquil.

"It's kind of crazy how fast the sky changes," Nolan spoke.

A small smile formed on my face. Feeling the vibration of his voice laying against his chest brought me peace.

I looked up at the stars filling the sky above us.

"Look, it's The Little Dipper," I pointed.

I felt Nolan chuckle.

"You know constellations?" He asked.

"Well... no, that's the only one," I admitted.

One of Nolan's arms lifted from my waist, to point above us.

"Move a little over the the left, and you can see the Big Dipper, and see that one? How it kind of looks like two people?"

I nodded, and wrinkled my nose, the cool night air beginning to nip at it.

"That's Gemini."

Nolan wrapped his arm back around my waist as it was before.

"When I was a kid, my mom and I would look out our apartment window, studying the stars. When I saw Gemini, I said it looked liked the stars drew a picture of us holding hands. I remember saying it meant we would always be together, even in the sky," I could tell by Nolan's voice that he was smiling.

"I was pretty cheesy, huh?"

"Was?" I teased.

Nolan flicked my ear in retaliation.

"Ow!" I placed my hand on my ear.

"Hmph,"

I leaned back into Nolan, ignoring the ear flick.

"I like it though..." I admitted.

I felt Nolan's heart rate pick up.

"Really?"

I chuckled.

"It's cute," I sighed, content.

I felt Nolan's lips plant a quick kiss behind my ear which he had previously flicked.

"W-What was that for?" I asked, surprised.

"Because I wanted to," his usual soft and gentle voice had taken a more direct tone.

I felt Nolan rest his head on my shoulder from behind me.

I turned my head, about to speak, when I felt Nolan's arm pull me closer to him as he lifted his hand to my chin, kissing me.