Movie date

Reid

My eyes slowly opened to the feeling of something poking my cheek, it was Nolan.

"Hey... I have to get up," his morning voice was soft and raspy, I didn't want to move.

"Mm..." I protested.

We were still in the same position we had fallen asleep in last night. My head rested on his chest as most of my body settled on top of him, my leg laid across his hip.

"Please? I have to pee," Nolan pleaded.

I wrapped my arm around him tighter and nuzzled into his chest.

"Uh uh, comfy," I mumbled.

With my ear pressed over his heart, I could hear his pulse slightly pick up. My lips tugged into a smile knowing that I was the reason.

My eyes burned as a reminder of my crying last night. I remembered hiding my face in the pillows, pretending to be asleep as a way of keeping Nolan from noticing. I don't remember when it was, but something changed and all I wanted was to be in Nolan's arms, to feel him hold me... I can't remember the last time I wanted anyone to even touch me at all.

For the longest time, it's taken me hours to fall asleep at night. The thoughts in my head being so loud they're impossible to ignore, and going at such a speed I can't even catch up to stop them. Last night, while in Nolan's embrace, I fell asleep almost instantly. There were no invasive thoughts to desperately chase after in the hope of silence. For the first time in years, I had felt safe. I could hardly comprehend it, but God, it felt amazing.

"Reid..."

My eye's opened at hearing him say my name. He sounded serious, I waited for him to speak.

"...I will literally piss right now if you don't get up."

That is not what I expected.

I lifted my chin to look at him, his eyebrows were raised, but when our eyes met his expression turned into a gentle gaze... I really don't wanna move.

With a frown plastered on my face, I rolled over, reluctantly releasing him from my hold.

He got up, then without warning, planted a kiss on the top of my head before making his way to the bathroom.

I froze, my tired brain trying to understand what exactly just happened. When it did, my heart skipped in my chest. It was such a small, and random, act of affection, but damn did it make me happy.

I rolled back over on the futon and clutched the pillow where Nolan was previously laying, it smelt like him. I found myself burying my face in it, and my face grew hot.

I like him. There's no other way to explain it.

When he walks into the room my heart flutters, and just talking to him can turn my entire day around.

I groaned, now completely faced down into the pillow.

What the hell do I do now?

"...I seriously don't understand how you can breathe like that."

I jumped hearing Nolan's voice, I was so focused on admitting my feelings for him that I didn't hear him come in from the bathroom.

"Mmft Fmur shuma." I spoke into the pillow.

"...Huh?"

I finally lifted my head, and turned to him.

"Don't worry about it," I deadpanned before slamming my face back into the pillow.

I felt the end of the mattress dip as Nolan sat down, he was silent for a few moments before finally speaking.

"Hey, Reid..."

I turned my head to look at him, but his eyes were focused on the floor.

"You know you can talk to me, right?"

I found myself sitting up, focused on his words.

"I know we still don't know each other that well, and it may not matter hearing it from me, but you really can come to me... last night-"

I leaned forward and placed my hand on top of his, he looked up immediately. First at our hands, then me.

"I know. Just... give me time, alright?" I gave Nolan a small smile, which he returned with a nod.

I got up and made my way into the bathroom to brush my teeth.

After last night, I was mentally drained. Staying the night in Nolan's arms made me happy in ways I can't describe, but before that I had been crying for hours straight, that kind of thing doesn't go away so easily.

Both my mind and body felt heavy, depleted of energy.

I know that Nolan probably wants to go out today, but I just don't think I'm up for it.

I spat out my toothpaste and returned to the bedroom only to find Nolan sitting in bed, T.V remote in hand, scrolling through the movie options.

He wasn't going out?

Nolan looked to me with a smile on his face.

"Hey, I'm guessing you're a bit of a horror movie fan, but I'm thinkin' Rom-com first. Then we can get to the scary stuff later."

I blinked, trying to process.

Was Nolan, the outdoorsy type extrovert, choosing to stay inside with me and watch movies for the day? I hadn't even said anything about not wanting to go out. Then again, it's Nolan. I almost never have to say anything, he already knows.

Just another one of the reasons I like him.

I found myself smiling at Nolan, I was powerless to it at this point.

Nolan's cheeks turned pink, and he diverted his attention back towards the T.V.

"Are you gonna keep looking at me like that, or are you going to help me pick out a movie?"

I climbed into the bed, happy I got to spend another day with him.

We ordered room service for breakfast, and as planned, we started with a Rom-Com. We both made side comments throughout the movie that only added to the funny moments. There were a few times we actually had to pause the movie because we were laughing so hard. Nolan cried at the end, and I passed him a tissue. I learned he always cries at weddings.

Once we made it to the horror movies, I also learned that Nolan is terrified of ghosts. After one of the jump scares, Nolan shrieked and buried his face in my shoulder, and was waiting for me to tell him when the scene was over. It was so cute it was almost unbearable. I looked down at the top of his head while his face was stuffed in my hoodie, one of his hands clutching the fabric.

Even though we never said anything about it, this felt like a date - a really good one. Watching movies together with Nolan in bed all day, in our own little world, felt so right.

Soon, I was met with the familiar pair of Nolan's warm brown eyes as he peeked up from my shoulder. His cheeks had gone completely red, our faces only inches apart. His eyes sparkled as they held their gaze, looking right into mine. My heart thumped rapidly in my chest, all because of him.

Then, as if I had lost complete control... I lifted Nolan's chin, and pressed his lips to mine.