ch. 7

ch. 7

"What happened to you claiming my trainer as your baby daddy?"

Braelin rolled her eyes. "Stop with the pettiness. It's not cute." she attempted to pick up the trash bag, but Roman took it out of her hands. "I know how you felt about the idea and didn't think it would be fair to you."

Roman nodded once again, surprised at how much impending motherhood has managed to mature Braelin. "Thank you. I appreciate that."

"There's no need to thank me. These are your babies, as well as mine. But I also need you to understand that I like Dante, and I want to see where this goes with him, which also means that he will be in our children's lives whether you like it or not."

"I don't, and there's a good chance I never will because you are supposed to be with me. In my home and my bed."

Braelin was tired of the caveman attitude that he seemed to put on every time a man enters into her life friend or otherwise. "Too fucking bad. We're not together anymore. Do I need to remind you why that is? We made a mistake--"

"Our kids are not a mistake."

"You're right—they're not. But the truth of the matter is, what we did and the circumstances behind it certainly were. We don't work. We get caught up with our history and fall back into old patterns that end up hurting the people that matter to us. I can't and won't hurt Dante in the same way you hurt me."

Roman knew that any relationship they could potentially have with each other was shot to hell after she abruptly ended things once Janelle came back into his. But, as infuriating as they were, they had something people might wait a lifetime to find. "Will, you ever forgive me for that?"

Braelin smiled sadly "I want to. Despite me letting you back into my bed, I can't risk letting you back into my heart."

Ouch.

Roman nodded despite how much it stung; he appreciated her honesty, "I deserve that and for what it's worth, I am sorry."

"I know."

Braelin gasped a little, placing her hand on her stomach.

"What?"

"I think they're trying to say Hi

"I think they're trying to say Hi." she nodded towards her stomach

Roman placed his massive paw over her baby bump "I don't feel anything."

"Just wait."

After a few seconds, that's when he felt it. For the first time, he was able to feel his babies kick "That's amazing." He said, looking up at a Braelin with so much awe.

"I hope I'm not interrupting."

Braelin and Roman jumped apart. "No, that's ok. Roman just wanted to feel the baby kick."