ch. 6

"I got everything you asked for including the extra lawn chairs

"I got everything you asked for including the extra lawn chairs. How many people are you expecting anyway?"

Braelin stirred the baked beans before putting them back in the oven "Thirty give or take."

"Thirty?"

"Look, obviously it's getting harder to hide my pregnancy. I'm gaining two pounds a day and I haven't even entered my third trimester. So I figured I get it over with and let everyone know before they hear it from someone else."

Briyanna nodded "Is Roman coming?"

"Yea, he's coming."

"Do you think that's a good idea?"

Braelin laughed almost nervously "No, but I extended the invitation to him a while ago so it would be weird if I went back on it. Besides, his mom and sisters are flying in as well."

Briyanna knew that Braelin didn't always have the best judgment when it came to anything pertaining to Roman and inviting Roman and his family to this barbecue has proven to be no different. Her first instinct as the big sister was to intervene but at the same time, she knew what stress could do to a pregnant woman so she decided it was probably best not to add to it.

Braelin peeked over her shoulder at her big sister who was noticeably quiet "I know what you're thinking."

"I'm sure you do but in the event of full disclosure, I think this could get hella messy

"I'm sure you do but in the event of full disclosure, I think this could get hella messy. But I want you to know that this is a celebration for your and you're—"

"Twins, I'm having twins."

Briyanna's eyes widen "What?"

Braelin nodded rubbing her belly "There's two growing in here."

"I'm— I don't. Are you ok with this?"

Braelin shrugged "I'm ok with it now that I've had time to process it. One was a lot but two almost seemed like too much to handle. But I'm grateful for this journey. I feel like I have a purpose outside of wrestling now that my career is basically over."