"Carl c'mon" I said still annoyed pushing him lightly out the shed.

"Please don't tell my parents" Carl squealed.

"You could of gotten killed in there" Shane said annoyed.

"I can handle myself" Carl said annoyed back to Shane.

"Quit tryin' to get yourself killed," Shane snarled.

"Shane calm down" I snapped looking at him.

I crouched down so I was eye level with Carl.
"Carl listen. You can't do shit like that. Your a kid. Your dad and Shane won't even leave me alone in there with him, they don't think I'd be able to protect myself against him. So do you really think you could? He's dangerous. So what would your dad think to this?" I asked.

"Please don't tell him" Carl said panicked looking from me to Shane.

I looked up at Shane leaving it up to him to decide. He has been fucking Carl's mom so it seemed appropriate.
Shane walked closer to us. I stood up and and stepped back giving him chance to talk to Carl "Carl, man, this isn't about getting in trouble, okay?" He said putting his hand on Carl's shoulder and leaning over a little so they were more eye level.
"A guy like that, he will say anything to you. He'll try to make you feel sorry for him. He'll try to make you let your guard down. You let your guard down out here, people die" Shane said in a rather calm voice.
"Now just do me a favour, man. Go find your ma" he said with a small smile.

Carl looked between us both before smiling and running off to find Lori.

"Go lay down Shane, you need to calm down" I said looking at him.

"I-" he started before I interrupted him.
"I wasn't asking. Go rest. Or I'll knock you out and then you'll have no choice" I said folding my arms.

I looked over to one of the fields to see Andrea walking towards us "Anyway Andrea is on her way over to take over now. If you're not gonna go I am cos she don't like me" I said smiling at the last part.

I spun on my heals walking away.

•~•~•~•

I decided to go for a jog round the farm compound.
Since I'd been staying on the farm I hadn't been getting the same amount of exercise as I usually would. I didn't want to become weak and lose my strength.

Speaking of weak. It was still playing on my mind about what Daryl said about me been right. I was pretty certain he meant that I was becoming weak but how? Because I protected Lori and the baby in the accident? Or did he think that I made him weak? Did he really feel something for me?

I snapped myself out of my thoughts as my feet pounded against the ground below me. I had already ran around the complex once. I was now half way through the second time around. I pulled off my top while I was running as I was getting too hot leaving me just in my sports bra. I continued to run throwing my top over my shoulder.

Once I got closer to camp I made sure to pass by the water pumps. I used my cast on my right arm to help my pump the water out of the tank. I then made a cup with my left hand letting the water flow into it before bringing it up to my mouth and drinking the water. I repeated this a few times because smashing my face and chest with water.