"Nah-that was Jack's idea. Said that he stumbled in here a bit ago and saw a whole bunch of superstitional crap. That they all looked fake, but all went for high ass prices." The brunette shook his head, chuckling. "I mean-if this hellhole can pull if off then why not us?"

Matt grinned, "Sure! But I mean, you'd have to be playing though Ethan. You're the best cheat I know when it involves cards!"

"Damn straight." The man, Ethan, smirked, volunteering to join the game.

"Well before we do anything, did you get any information about what it is?"

Ethan shook his head, "Probably some bullshity topic like everything else sold down this block. Come on."

Ethan and Matt made theirs way to one of the larger tables, Ethan placing himself in an empty chair.

He smiled as he pulled out some gambling cash, putting it in the center with similar bettings.

After the dealer passed him his share of cards, he started to explain the rules.

Poker eh?
Easy.

John pushes his way to the last remaining seat, earning looks of disbelief and laughs.

"Yo! What do we have here?!" The man on his left asked aloud for the table.

"Donno man, a little far from a playground iddnit?" A man across him, in John's opinion, bullied.

"Playground? I'm here to play mate." He raised an eyebrow.

"You play?" The bloke on his right spoke up. "I really don't thing you could play with the big boys son."

The boasted, earning a few laugh around him.

John internally smirked; let him be underestimated, he was starting to con them as they spoke.
"Well, if the 'big boys' are so good, then they shouldn't have a problem taking his offers after kicking the ass of a 10 year old eh?" He gave them an innocent look that lived up to young appearance despite being in the place they were. "Unless...you weren't talking about yourselves?"

A few looked a bit startled before becoming amused.

"Come on then!"

"Yeah! What the hell?! Let em join in, we got 'reputations' to keep to standard ya know!"

The dealer, an older looking gentlemen reminding John of some old British movie butler, chuckled in amusement, shaking his head.
"Well, what are you offering up young man?"

John pulled out the leftover money he lifted onto the table, knowing that it wouldn't be up to betting standard(not the amount he had anyway) he pulled up one of his packs and his lighter.

He placed a cig in his mouth before tossing the box in the middle with the rest of them.

Half of them, probably expecting an allowance issued amount along with a gum box, opened their mouths like fish and raised their brows to meet their hair as he lit it.

Insulting really as he placed the lighter back.

John gave a grin, unsettling some.
"Let's play."

Sweat dipped down a man's temple, he was one of them only few that were still in, along with one or two sad saps playing, and was honestly regretting it.

The majority of the table quit, not wanting to be broken.
In currency or spirit.

Ah.....what the hell anymore....the man fixed his hat before placing what he had left on hand on the table's surface.