She was always arrived and left on time, absorbing in all his habits making a mental note every time Sam aunty filled her in with some information.

Whether he was writing or no, she knew he never skipped gym. So before he woke up, she would place his vitamins, a sipper full of warm water, his gym clothes, shoes, socks everything in order by his bedside.

She handled the house like a pro dealing patiently with the staff, delegating tasks. And while she was doing all this She made sure she kept herself out of his way.

Sidharth was amazed at her efficiency, considering she was so young and inexperienced.

She was good at her work.

He had started warming upto her so much so that he didn't seem to mind the occasional bouts of laughter or the sudden "Oye Khotte" that he could hear from his writing room.

He found his heart leaning to her thoughts every now and then. He started looking forward to the moments when they would cross paths while walking through the house. But he also noticed her tensed face when that happened.

She wasnt nosy like Aarti, She didn't ask unnecessary questions, hell she didn't even talk to him.

The only two words she had spoken to him in these four days were "Excuse me" and "Bye" on two occasions.

But he couldn't control himself from staring shamelessly at her when she was chattering her brain out with Sam aunty many a times, the way her eyes shone, when she was delightedly narrating some incident from her past life, the way she giggled while making fun of one of the staff members.

He felt a strange pull at his heart strings.

*

Sidharth was in no mood to write today. He felt like his thoughts have choked up.

To get some fresh air he walked upto the sprawling terrace only to see Shehnaaz sitting on the lounger by herself.

He seated himself beside her while bumping his shoulder with her. She turned to look at him and stood up to leave muttering an "Excuse me" again.

He caught her by her wrist stopping her "Oye.. Kya hua? He asked.

"Fir maine kuch bola to tu haath dikhayega, aur mujhe chup karayega.. usse better hai ki main chali jaau" she rolled her eyes over his high handed attitude.

"did you just call me "TU" he said bewildered with the liberty she took. "Toh? Tune hi toh bola no formalities" she said nonchalantly making him speechless.

"uhh.. okay" he barely managed the two words.

He realized he had been rather rude to her and this was the reason she was keeping a distance from him. He relaxed his hold on her wrist and gently tugged her hand gesturing her to sit.

"Ok listen" he started as she was back in her position beside him. "I am sorry, I was rude to u initially. Woh actually Aarti ka sara gussa main tujh pe nikal raha tha. Mujhe laga tub hi uski tarah hi hogi"he explained.

"Aarti kaun hai?" she questioned.

"Aarti meri assistant thi tujh se pehle. She was very irritating. Usko dekh ke hi gussa chad jata tha mujhe" he said, annoyance clearly written on his face.

"But I can see you are different" he smiled, making her smile back at him.

"Friends?" he put his hand out. Astonished at his gentle demeanor she slipped her hand in his mimicking his words "Friends" letting out a soft giggle.

Sidharth felt a flutter in his body on hearing the sound of her giggle. Her face lit up like a Christmas lights when she smiled, making him swallow hard.

That day onwards their equation changed. She seemed visibly relaxed moving around the house now.

She had started dropping in his writing room, paying him a brief visit to inform him about some crucial phone call or just to say a casual Hi even.

They were friendlier than before.

Sidharth started having his evening coffee in the terrace because he knew she would be there.

He loved spending time with her. She was a chatter box and chewed his ears off giggling and telling him about random stories, her theories of life, how she wanted to set up an NGO so that she could help people.

And he just listened.

Her stories were pointless at times, pushing him far away from reality but being with her relaxed him.

He never felt she was prying. Infact she didn't even ask him about his life. She just spoke about herself, and that put him at ease with her.

____________________________________________

The readership is really slow. I don't knw how I should promote my page. But m hopefull someday my stories will be discovered and liked. Please like and comment..whenevr u see my posts.. who ever is listening.. "helllloooooooo"

Many thanks

Sidnaazkidiwani