Chapter 11

It was lunchtime when you and the girls were sitting in the cafeteria, having conversations about practice today.

"Do I have to apologize because of yesterday?" You asked.

"Nah, you never did." Kobayashi answered, biting in her sandwich.

"Nowww, (L/N)-chan, tell us about your date yesterday!" Sato squeaked.

"It was NOT a date! He just brought me to some places we used to go."

"Actually, we should do that too! Maybe it would help you to remember."

"Good idea, Takashi. How about Friday? We could go after practice and y'all could stay over night since my parents aren't home." Kobayashi suggested.

You all agreed to that and so the days went on. You got to know your other teammates better and also chilled with Oikawa and Iwaizumi in some breaks.

________

Today was Friday and you were done practicing. You locked the gym when your phone started to buzz.

Incoming call from Tooru🥰

'Tooru? Who was that again?'

"Uh, hello?" You questioned into the speaker.

"(Y/N)-chan, it's me, Oikawa! I guess you didn't recognize, huh?"

"It's just.. uh, I saved you as 'Tooru' for some reason. I didn't know it was you."

The sound of your voice, saying his name after all this time made him feel butterflies everywhere in his stomach.

'We must have been close friends. Why else should I save him by his first name? Or does he allow that to everyone?'

"Never mind, why did you call?" You asked.

"Wanna study for the upcoming Maths test?"

"M-maths test? I totally forgot about that one!" He laughed while you were panicking.

"Calm down, (Y/N)-chan. I'll just come over tomorrow and we'll study, is that alright?" You nodded, remembering he wasn't able to see that.

"Yeah, thank you. I'll see ya." You said and hung up.

You walked to the gates where the other girls were waiting for you. You wanted to visit some places today.

"Where first?" Kuroshio asked.

"How about the restaurant we used to go after we won our games? I'm hungry anyways." Sato said. The others agreed so you made your way.

You arrived after some time and sat at your 'usual spot', so the girls said. After ordering the food, the girls stared to talk about old memories.

"Y'all remember when a waiter came with our coffee?" Yukiko stared giggling.

"He stumbled and poured all the coffee over Kuroshio-san!" Takashi ended her sentence.

"You could tell he was a new one." Kuroshio said.

"No, YOU could tell, since you know all male workers here." Kobayashi stated to which Kuroshio just rolled her eyes.

"But Koba, do you remember when we came here with the third year boys?"

"Do you mean the time when Oikawa's ex poured all her coke over his head?" Kobayashi asked.
Both started to laugh suddenly.

"Huh, I can't remember such a thing." Takashi said.

"Yeah, it was just us third years." Kobayashi said.

Oikawa's ex? Is that Nakamura-san? You wondered but remained silent.

"Whatever, she was kicked out right after." Kobayashi chuckled.

"Oh man, I wanna remember so bad! That sounds like so much fun."

"(L/N)-chan, that is nothing compared to what else we have experienced." Sato said.

"One day we went to the pool with the boys and YOU cut Kuroshio's bikini at the breast part so she couldn't wear it anymore." She laughed.

"W-what?! Why would I do that?!"

"That was the time we couldn't get along."

"Why though?"

"Kuroshio transferred in second year and apparently she was one of the best players already. So both of you were kind of rivals for the position of the captain. You both started to pull pranks on each other to scare off the other." Sato said.

"In the end it was you who got the position." Kuroshio said.

"What kind of pranks did you do?" You asked.

"Uhh, once I threw your shoes away so you couldn't attend training."

And so the time in the restaurant went by with your teammates telling you the pranks you played to each other.
___________