There was a long pause before I stared at him until he finally made eye contact with me.

"What ? Why ? Why now ? You had three months Mattia ! To tell me that you didn't like him but you choose to tell me this now. I'm dating him and have been dating him for three months ! You are supposed to be my best friend, this is something big and its important to me that you approve of all the guys I might date." I shouted as I stood up.

"You seemed happy and I didn't want to be selfish and ruin that for you Izzy, what type of best friends ruins their best friends happiness ?" He argued.

"But I wouldn't have ever dated him if you didn't like him !"

"I just want to see you happy, why is that so hard for you to understand !"

"Tell me the truth Mattia !"

"The truth ? You want the truth ? Okay, fine. Here's the truth : I don't like him Izzy, I've known the guy longer than you have and from what I know he's a player. He has cheated on EVERY SINGLE GIRL he's been with and he NEVER feels sorry for it. He finds it funny. It's disgusting. I wanted to warn you but I didn't want you to think that I was trying to spoil your happiness because you were so happy with him. But I know you, I know you've sensed Quinton becoming distant because that's what he does Izzy ! He becomes distant and then he cheats. He cheats until he's caught !"

There was silence. I just started at him. I was so mad at him for keeping that from me. Especially since he was right about Quinton becoming distant. I didn't want to admit it but we both knew it was true. Something was always missing from the start but I just brushed past it.

"So you kept this from me ? Something so big. You kept it from me." I said in my normal voice, trying to calm myself down.

"I didn't know how to tell you Izz. I didn't want to hurt you." He replied.

"YOU FUCKING KEPT THIS A SECRET FROM ME AND DECIDED THAT I SHOULDN'T SAVE MYSELF THE HEARTBREAK AND BREAK IT OFF AS SOON AS I COULD ? NOOOO YOU THOUGHT IT WOULD BEST IF I GOT HURT ?!" I screamed. I couldn't keep my anger in any longer.

"Izzy that was NOT my intention and YOU KNOW IT !" He half screamed back.

"WHATEVER MATTIA , YOUR WRONG ABOUT HIM, YOU JUST WANT TO HURT ME !"

"WHY WOULD I EVER WANT TO INTENTIONALLY HURT THE GIRL I'VE BEEN IN LOVE WITH SINCE I WAS SIX ?"

My mouth was open, ready to fire another snarky comment back at him but I registered what he had said and I immediately closed my mouth. I stared at him and blinked in surprise.

"Wha... what ?" I whispered, my voice breaking halfway through the word.

"Fuck" he mumbled as he ran his hands through his hair and did a 360, looking lost and confused as to what to do next.

"I gotta go, I'll, uh, see you around Izz." He finally said avoiding eye contact as I continued to look at him, wanting answers.

He left the room and a few seconds later I heard the front door slam. I sat down heavily on the edge of my bed trying to process what had just happened. After 20 minutes I was woken up by my trance by Mar knocking on my bedroom door asking for permission to come in.

"Hey kiddo, you okay ? I heard the fight." He asked coming to sit next to me and putting his around me.

"I'm...confused. I don't know what just happened." I said, still dazed.

"I told him to tell you but not like this."

"Yeah. I don't know what to do Mar, I mean I'm with Quinton and I'm happy"