16: Injury

The clock is ticking and the atmosphere is dead silent.

The night is foggy. Few of the streets lights are flickering. Somniferous breezes blow right into Jungkook's face. The world around him has gone dead and quiet.

Jungkook's timberlands are ticking across the floor as he walks, the ticking being the only sound resonating in his surroundings.

His head is — as usual — is covered with the hood of his sweatshirt. His lips are caged between his incisors as he fights the cold frosting air around him.

Tonight is a little queer. To Jungkook, tonight is out of the common. The temperature is oddly colder than it usually is. The area is eerily empty and void. In simpler words: it is very unusual.

Jungkook's sixth sense is telling him that he will be getting involved in some trouble, but he is reluctant to go back home.

His feet lead him into a noxious alley, the same one he goes to every time he steps out of the apartment.

The alley is freezing cold. The air inside the alley is frosting and misty. Which is very odd.

Jungkook is quivering. His breaths are shaky and his heart is beating at an abnormal pace. The ambience around him is daunting and the void streets are jeering at him, putting emphasis on the eerie-ness.

Something bad is going to happen. Something very bad.

+++

"What were you thinking?" Taehyung snaps, killing the silence in the room.

Jungkook just purses his lips, looking down at his lap.

"Ssss..." Jungkook hisses in pain when his lips come in contact with each other.

He brings up a finger to his mouth as he lightly dabs his index finger on his sore and swollen bottom lip.

"Hiss more, you idiot." Taehyung says, sharply. "Who told you to go into that alley?" He questions.

"I just..." Jungkook hesitates, stealing frequent glances at Taehyung every now and then. "I like drawing." He says.

"What?" Taehyung asks, baffled of Jungkook's sudden confession of his likings. "How is your passion for drawing related to this?"

"I...uhm... go to those alleys to draw." Jungkook answers.

Taehyung exhales sharply. He looks at his side and then looks back at Jungkook. His lips are twisted in vex and bewilderment at the same time.

"If you like drawing, then tell us to buy you books." Taehyung speaks up, "You don't need to go to dark and fetid alleys for that."

"Actually..." Jungkook elongates the word, looking away from Taehyung's strict gaze. "That is not the type of drawing I'm talking about."

Taehyung's forehead creases and his brows furrow. He strides over to the couch (he was standing by the tv earlier), dropping himself on the cushion of the couch.

"What do you mean?" He asks.

"I like graffiti." Jungkook says. "And graffiti is done on bare and naked walls."

"Your bedroom's walls are naked too." A sudden voice appears into the conversation.

Both Taehyung and Jungkook look up, meeting a narrowed pair of eyes.

It's Jimin.

Thud!

Jimin slams the first-aid kit on the coffee table, appearing into the room out of nowhere, making both Taehyung and Jungkook flinch.

Jimin sits next to Jungkook, opening the first aid kit. He pulls out a ball of cotton and a small bottle of antiseptic liquid. "Turn." Jimin instructs, looking sharply at Jungkook.

Jungkook obeys, not wanting to see the outraged side of Jimin.

Jimin pours a few drops of the liquid on the cotton ball and dabs on Jungkook's swollen bottom lip, focusing more on the sore area.

"How did this happen?" Jimin asks, eyes focused on Jungkook's horrifying wounds.

Jungkook is reluctant. He averts his eye to his side, just getting shocked by a stern looking Taehyung.

Jungkook has informed Jimin and Taehyung that he hurt himself while he was in the alley. But he didn't tell them how he hurt himself.

"I hurt myself." Jungkook chokes out, hiccupping all of a sudden.

Jimin sighs, looking at Taehyung. "Get him a glass of water." He tells the blonde standing by the television.

Taehyung nods, walking straight towards the kitchen.

"How did it happen?" Jimin asks again, eyes piercing into Jungkook's soul.

"I..." Jungkook breathes, "I...got...beaten up."

"What?" Taehyung almost yells, handing the glass of water to the male who just put shock into Jimin and Taehyung.

"You got beaten up?" Jimin looks at Jungkook in disbelief. "By whom?"

"Stranger?" Jungkook answers hesitantly.

Taehyung bursts a chortle, placing his hand on his mouth to try and control the laughter. "I'm sorry, what?"

"I got beaten up by a stranger." Jungkook says. "Two of them actually."

"You didn't fight back?" Taehyung prompts.

"Shut up Tae." Jimin enters the conversation. "You wouldn't be able to fight them either."

Jungkook titters, his two front teeth popping out from behind his teeth. He looks at Jimin, his smile dominant on his face.

He purses his lips, hissing in pain again.

"Aish." Jimin says, "You will have to stop fidgeting with your lips for quite some time."

"Draw on your bedroom walls from now on. Use our rooms too if needed. Don't go out." Jimin suggests.

"It's not very pleasing to see a sore lip, you know?" Taehyung wrinkles his nose.

"You have my word." Jungkook says. "I'll need a sketchbook." He adds on.

"We'll get you one." Jimin says, packing up the first aid kit.

*
A/n:
Unedited.
This was so trash! Oh my god!
❤️ BG