Chapter Two

The screams echoed through the building walls, the ground shaking in return. My head snapped toward the direction of the chaos, my mouth letting out a sigh as I stared at the black curtain that separated thousands of screaming girls, One Direction and me.

I’ve been thinking, hiding if you want to call it that, from all my thoughts that been cruising through my head. After the events that happened in that closet, I was mortified of what was to come next. I couldn’t believe I gave myself so easily yet I knew that I did not regret it one bit. I did not regret the fact that I gave my virginity to my best friend, the boy I’ve been in love with for a while, but I do regret not knowing what his feelings were first.

I had a feeling this was going to change everything and that maybe it would ruing our friendship, something so special that we’ve had for so many years crumbling down in just a matter of seconds for such a foolish decision.

So here I was, sitting on the same amplifier Niall sat on earlier, my hands in the same position as his were and a tear silently falling from my eye. Luckily, everyone was on the other side of the stage, running around, working hard on a concert that will be in the memories of thousands of fans forever, including my own. I was alone and scared, wondering of what was going to happen between us.

At that moment, oh how I wished I were a vampire with mind reading skills so I could know what Niall was thinking. I just wanted some sort of indication of what his thoughts were and if they somehow involved me, although I was pretty positive they did. It was then that their singing ended and the crowd seemed to erupt into even louder screams, if that is even possible. I could then clearly see management trying to reach the stage, wires, microphones, water bottles and towels in their hands. Like on cue, the boys come rushing out of the stage and down the stairs to someone waiting for them. They look really tired with sweat dripping down their forehead and falling into their shirts, their chests heaving up and down from the lack of oxygen. They all grab a water bottle and drink it. All of them finishing it in one take.

I notice Niall letting his eyes wonder around, probably searching for someone. I tense up, not wanting to be found so I hide my body, sitting down on the floor and facing away from where they are. Luckily there’s a good distance between us and the big box of who-knows-what hides me from being seen.

I don’t think I can handle been found right now. My mind is a clear mess, like Wal-Mart after a Black Friday sale. If he were to come talk to me now, I would panic. Heck, I would probably start crying and I wouldn’t even know why. Luckily, the boys have to go back on stage for their encore song so I have a few more minutes for myself until someone starts looking for me or wondering where I am.

The thoughts come rushing back, everything that we did, all of it happening in my mind with so much clarity and so vividly. The way our lips moved in sync with each other’s, the feel of his soft hair tangled in my fingers, our bodies pressed together so tightly, like no one or anything could keep us apart. I couldn’t stop feeling tingles on the spots his fingers so carefully caressed me. The way our clothes were ripped from each other in such urgency made me dizzy to even think about. We were lost in our world for those minutes, nothing else in the world mattered except each other.

After we were finished, the mood changed so quickly I thought I was going to miss it. Niall was no longer afraid or nervous, he looked so… happy. It’s like all of his worries and concerns were destroyed after our actions.  I don’t think I could ever forget the way his blue eyes pierced mine with a sense of relief and happiness. At that moment, I felt ecstatic too, like I could conquer any obstacle thrown at me. My heart was beating with so much force and happiness I thought I was going to puke.