Chapter Sixteen

WARNING: THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS SEXUAL CONTENT. KIND OF. 

You know those moments when you’re walking or driving somewhere and for a couple seconds you completely forget where you’re going, and when you come back from that sudden loss, you can’t even remember the past thirty seconds or so of your life? Like a ripped out page from a book you’re so engrossed in that is lost, and it keeps you wondering how you even got to that situation in the first place.

That’s how I was feeling at the moment.

I was walking, my bare feet feeling the cool payment beneath me, my yellow dress and long hair ruffling to the side from the wind, and my eyes wandering around, trying to figure out where I am.

From what I could see, I was walking down one of the town’s streets, but everything looked deserted with no sign of anyone anywhere. I was confused at that since usually there is always someone around this part of town, and it was still daylight, so I couldn’t comprehend what was going on.

Taking a sharp turn along the way to my house, the path changed. There was no hard pavement beneath me, but in its place was the feel of humid grass, tickling the sensitive nerves around my foot.

When I turned around, there’s no more town either, but in its place was a very wide meadow with big, green trees surrounding the entire place.

It was beautiful, but it scared me nonetheless. First, I had no recognition of how in the world the scenery had change in a matter of seconds, and second, I couldn’t educe how I ended up walking barefoot down the town streets and this meadow.

There was no hesitation upon walking through it though, my mind urging for me to continue.

“Claire,” Says a male voice that makes me stop moving my feet and makes my eyes search for its source.

I could recognize that voice anywhere, even if it was just a soft echo, it’s placed in my brain for eternity. So when it speaks my name, I immediately scan for the person, finding him within seconds.

He’s leaning by one of the trees, his arms are crossed and his entire gaze is directed towards me.

Usually, I would awkwardly make my way to him, but at that moment I don’t hesitate in running to him, my feet moving faster than I think possible, my breathing getting heavy and fast from the lack of exercise I’ve lacked my entire life and my heart feeling like it’s about to burst out of my chest.

And as I get closer and closer to him, I can’t help but take in his looks. His hair is perfectly sculpted into a quiff with a few stray hairs poking out, making it look like a causal hairstyle.

He’s wearing a white V-neck shirt that’s a little see through, making me imagine about his toned stomach for a second. He’s also wearing faded jeans and those white high tops he loves so much.

Overall, he just looks good, really good. Like, I just want to pour chocolate all over his body and lick it off good.

So when I finally reach him and I’m only two feet away from where he is standing, it takes a lot of power for me to not just jump him right then and there.

I’m hoping those feelings don’t come out so strong either, especially by the way his eyes are practically penetrating my own and they’re so strong I feel like it would be an insult to look away.

“You came,” he says.

“I will always come to you,” I boldly respond.

Chuckling, he takes a step toward me, making a small gasp escapes from my dry lips at the unexpected movement.