Blood Brothers

Y/N! We need to talk!

Right now Ddraig? Aren't I asleep?

Yes, you are, but this is important.

Okay, what do you want?

I have something that you need to know. See, there is a counterpart to us.

Counterpart, what do you mean?

I am what is known as one of the Heavenly Dragons. I have a rival, his name is Albion, or you will come to know him as the White Dragon Emperor. It is destiny that one day we will have to fight him to the death.

Okay, but why are you telling me this now? Is it going to happen soon?

Not yet, but you need to know. I can't have you getting lax now that life is starting to calm down. You still need to train and grow stronger so that one day you will face your rival as an equal. Right now I'm willing to bet he's already unlocked his Balance Breaker. You're on the way there, but if you two were to fight now, you would die.

Alright, hold on. What the fuck is a Balance Breaker, and how do I get it? Another thing, how am I supposed to train harder than I am right now? I've been pushing myself super hard and I don't know what else to do.

I have a suggestion. You see, if a wielder of one of the dragon Sacred Gears is powerful enough, then he can train in his dreamscape with his gear. You can get stronger while sleeping. It's not easy, but you're on the way there. Once you unlock your Balance Breaker you can use it as often as you choose.

Okay, but that still doesn't explain how to get my Balance Breaker.

A Balance Breaker is the evolution of a Sacred Gear. It relies heavily on the alignment of emotions of the Sacred Gear and its wielder. Once your body is strong enough, and you undergo the correct circumstances, you're Balance Breaker will awaken. I wish I could say more, but it seems like I'm out of time. We'll discuss this another time.

Wait, Ddraig! Don't leave yet.

"Y/N!" I hear as I'm being shaken awake. I turn to see Akeno with a concerned look on her face. "Are you okay?" I stir awake a little more.

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be?"

"You seemed like you were having a bad dream. You were tossing and turning a lot and I woke up. You were yelling about something, but I'm not sure what it was." I look at her and pull her close. 

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean for that to happen." I look and see it's still dark outside. The clock says 1:15 AM. "We can talk about it in the morning." She kisses me on the neck.

"Okay, just tell me you're okay though. I don't know what that was about but you were shaking and scared from the looks of it." I lay back down and hold onto her.

"We can figure it out later. I promise I'm okay."

Short Timeskip

I wake up and see Akeno still curled up next to me, holding on tight like she would die if she let go. I look at the clock and see it says 7 AM. Instead of leaving like I did yesterday, I kiss her forehead and she starts to stir awake. Her eyes flutter open and she smiles when she sees me.