Chapter Fifty-Six: Lovesick? More like Seasick

Start from the beginning

From the months I've known Jordan, you could see a pattern on how his brains works. It's small, it seems at random, and sometimes I get it and sometimes I don't, but when it's obvious, it's there.

"It's jordan_rocks413."

Declan fell off the couch laughing. "You didn't even bother changing it at all!"

Jordan grumbled something under his breath and then typed in a new password.

"How about now?" He demanded.

Probably learning from his mistake, I doubt it would still be related to the previous password. And with Jordan, the possibilities are endless.

I sighed. "I admit defeat."

"What a shame."

"Then why are you smiling?" I asked him.

His smile only widened. "It's only a shame for you. I never said it's a shame for me."

-

The doorbell rang.

"I'll get it!" My mom said eagerly.

"Oh no you don't," I challenged, trying to beat her to the door, but she got there first.

I let out a sigh. "You're fast for your age," I commented.

She put her hands on her hips and gave me a look of disbelief. "And what does that suppose to mean?"

I blinked. "N-nothing. I-It's a compliment," I assured her before adding, "Did I mention that you look lovely today?"

"Kiss-up," she muttered. "And if you must know, my age doesn't happen to be the same time dinosaurs roamed the Earth."

I rolled my eyes. "I know."

"It was before that."

I knew it.

When I told her that I was going to the fair, she instantly thought I was going with Parker. But the look on my face must have reminded her that we were long over. I remember when I first told them when we broke up. My mom was sad for me, and my dad tried to look for his gun. Okay, not really the last part, he was actually going out to buy one. But I told them it's because he left the school and we thought long distance wouldn't work. I know it's a pretty excuse, but it evens out since its half-truth and half-lie. Better than telling them the real truth that Parker only went out with me for a date, fooling not only me but my mom as well for liking him for me. It's better to leave things as it is right now.

So I told her that actually I was going with Jordan, as friends I added quickly. But she probably ignored the last part and was doing the excited part for me, having me watch her run all over the house panicking for me. I just sat on the couch and watched TV with dad. Jordan seems to be more likable out of the three guys with my parents. I mean, no offense to Bennett and Declan, but Jordan seems more open and easy going rather than the two who are distant and quiet.

But back to the door. Before I could ask her what it was like "back in the day" she opened the door.

"Jordan!" She greeted brightly.

"Hello Marisa, I haven't seen you in a while," Jordan said just as brightly.

"Yes, we have to catch up," my mom urged. "Come inside, you can-"

"Another time, I'm afraid."

Her face dropped. "Oh?"

He looked pained to tell her the news. "We're going to the fair which only comes once a year. But we both know we can always catch up another time."