𝙆𝙡𝙖𝙝𝙖𝙙𝙤𝙧𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙎𝙩𝙧𝙖𝙣𝙜𝙚 𝘽𝙪𝙩𝙡𝙚𝙧!

Start from the beginning

"Pretty good, isn't it?" Usopp beamed at them as he continued to chew on his rice.

"It's yummy~" Elissa muttered in bliss. Not only did she get to eat the creamy, delectable dessert that was strawberry cake, but she also had the whole thing to herself! None of these greedy pigs could have a single dollop of the food she practically worshipped.

"We met him when we were young," Luffy began with a mouth full of meat and crumbs around his mouth.

"So my father was on Shanks' ship?" Usopp enquired excitedly as Elissa nodded to him, too caught up in her cake to give a worded reply.

"You look just like your father. When I first saw you, I thought you were his son." Luffy once again replied with a mouth full of his meat on the bone.

"Really!?" Usopp beamed with pride, "I never thought my dad would be on such a great ship." He blushed with admiration.

"I don't know what his current situation is, but he's probably still with him." Elissa intervened in their bubbly conversation after munching on the final bite of her cake, "Your father's marksmanship is truly elite." Elissa complimented as she and Luffy both stared at the basket of apples and were taken back to simpler times.

A singular apple was placed on a wooden plank that was placed on top of a barrel that was being viewed intently by 3 people. A young black-haired boy and red-haired girl were watching as a lanky man held a gun towards that same, singular, apple for a few seconds to steady his aim before firing it and making a direct hit in the centre causing the apple to explode everywhere.

Yassop stood there cooly as he blew on the smoking gun in a proud-like fashion. The same young black-haired boy that was previously watching ran up to the barrel for a closer look as he yelled out in excitement, "Wow! Incredible!"

"Quite remarkable.." Elissa praised much more quietly than Luffy.

"There you go using your big words again," He said to the red-head with a grin as Luffy continued to marvel at his previous actions, "And that's nothing. I can shoot the antenna off of an ant."

Later that same day, the three were seen together once again but this time in a bar. The oldest, Yassop, chugged down his mug of beer with flushed cheeks due to the large amount of alcohol he had consumed in minutes. The two children sat on either side of him, staring at him with slight astonishment and interest as they hadn't even thought about being distracted from their drinks in front of them (alcohol-free of course).

The blonde-haired male slammed his mug down once he was nearly done with it as he wiped his mouth and put both Luffy and Elissa into a headlock, "I feel a sense of closeness with you two. It's because I have a son called Usopp around your age!"

Both children groaned as they tried to push him away from them, "We know!" "We've heard this hundreds of times now!"

"Say what!? You never know Eli! Maybe you and Usopp will be closer than friends.." Usopp imagined like the proud father he was as Luffy puffed his cheeks with a mumble.

"That's not gonna happen!"

"Oh yeah! And why's that!" Yassop argued drunkenly.

"I won't let it happen!"

Luffy's head was suddenly stuffed into a mug by the childish older male before he could even realise what was going on. Poor Elissa could only watch in silence as she wondered what 'closer than friends' really meant. She supposed she could ask Makino later during her lessons.

"I'm not done yet! Everyone listen!" Yassop announced to the entire crew as Luffy struggled to get his head out of the glass mug.

"It's true that I'm separated from my son, but that can't be helped. I only have one goal in life, and that's to be a pirate!" The drunken male stood onto the table as he preached with raised arms, causing the drunk crew to raise their mugs in agreement with a roar of excitement.