( ●◡○)✄ Chapter 30: Roulette of Emotion

Start from the beginning

"Sorry, nothing's wrong. I just... Can I excuse myself for a moment?"

~~~

Nika wasn't sure why but her instincts told her to follow Aihana the moment she saw her running around. What confused her more was the fact that she obeyed it and was now trying to hide as she trailed behind her best friend. It wasn't like she was planning something bad. No, why would she? She was simply curious where her best friend was going. There's nothing wrong with that, right?

'But why am I feeling unease?' Nika shook her head from her thoughts, resumed to walking when she saw Aihana started to move again, keeping a good distance between them. She shadowed behind as Aihana went at the back of the first gym, to a garden connection secluded from others. Nika stayed hidden behind one of the big trees at the opening part of the said garden, gazing at her best friend from a distance.

That was when she noticed another figure walking towards Aihana.

She was too far away to hear what they were saying, but she was near enough to recognize who the person was. Her breath hitched as her eyes slightly widen. Hand slowly raised to cover her lips, her heart sank at the sight.

~~~

[Aihana's POV]

My heart skipped a beat as I felt another being standing a few meters behind me.

"Aihana"

My name effortlessly rolling off the person's tongue as he called me out. Turning to face the person, my heart started beating faster than the moment ago.

 "Akashi-kun," I shortly greeted, he was also still in his kimono.  Seeing him now, I felt my confidence and all vanished. He was here, just like how I imagined it, standing in front of me. I opened my lips once again, yet no words were produced as my mind went blank.

I stood frozen as Akashi walked calmly towards me, decreasing the distance between us. Holding out his fist, he slowly opened his hand to reveal a familiar looking bracelet. "This is yours, isn't it?" he clarified.

My eyes widen a bit as the red chipped crystal bracelet was presented in front of me. "I thought I lost that. How—?" my words trailed off. How did you find it? was what I wanted to ask, but before I can finish my question, Akashi swiftly took my hand.

A tint of pink painted my cheeks at his act, leaving me speechless. "I found it by the roadside after the parade event," he simply explained with his usual cold tone. As though it was made out of glass, Akashi delicately wrapped the bracelet around my wrist. I watched as his fingers gently danced over my skin, his eyes focus on the bracelet.

 "Thank you," I mumbled, displaying a small smile before looking up to see his face. That was when I found myself staring into his dual-colored eyes. I've always loved to do that ever since back then, his ruby hues have always fascinated me, and now this heterochromatic ones. It was one of the few things that can show his true emotions behind his usual intimidating self.

His sight then shifted from the bracelet to my black orbs, returning my gaze. His emotionless mask seemed to fall off as a gentle expression invaded his facial features. He was staring back at me, his gaze focused only on me.

It was for a moment, a moment of temporary happiness before his let out a sigh, closing his eyes in the process. Removing his grip from me, he retreated his hand back to his side, breaking the only skin contact we had. "I only wanted to return this. I'll be taking my leave," he stated in monotone.

I wasn't surprised by the sudden coldness but it didn't fail to make my hopes drop. He turned and was about to head out, talking his step forward with his back facing me. At that moment, my body seemed to move on its own. Grabbing what I can reach, "Wait," I whispered as I was able to hold lightly onto the back of his kimono, making him stop his tracks.