( ●◡○)✄ Chapter 31: Tension and Decision

I badly want to abandon this story but after reading your comments (100+ comments, mind you)... Wow, just wow. Did someone pay you all to tell those to me? Because really, I can't accept all those kind words from you guys. Though, I wouldn't deny that it made me really happy (to the point for shedding manly tears but who cares). Thank you, seriously, for supporting and keeping up with my all my rants and shits. I love and appreciate you all, and if ever given a chance, I would give every single one of you a hug~! Urgh, I don't deserve you guys at all but thank you so much

Still, I apologize for the late update as usual, nothing new from me... Hahaha

Warning: Very confusing chapter. Scenes seemed to be all in fast phased. Akashi can be very OOC too (as if he wasn't before :3) Lastly, my mind is a mess right now since it's almost 2 am so some paragraphs (who am I kidding? The whole chapter I mean) might make no sense. I might edit it if I have time so do tell me if I made some huge errors.

Sorry. Now, on with the chapter~

Chapter 31:

~~~

Peaceful -- that was how this late afternoon was. With the spring air blowing and only a few students remaining inside the school ground, it sure was a great day. Yet, it seemed like the peacefulness wouldn't really last that long.

"Ehhh?! I never thought you'd reject my offer too, Ai-chan!" the person on the other line sulked with no such shame, making me release a sigh. Passing in the halls of Rakuzan's main building, I ambled my way to the council room with a few folders in my right hand and a phone on the other.

Rolling my eyes, "Reo-nee," I uttered, "Aren't you supposed to be... I don't know, reviewing for your exams tomorrow?"

I heard a couple of rustling sound for a second before Reo voiced, "Mou~ I've been studying since yesterday. And it has been more or less 4 months since we last saw each other. You should only have your graduation practice since your finals are done, right? So let's meet up, Ai-chan~" he requested, and for some reason, I could even imagine his pouting face.

"I'm really sorry, senpai," I politely declined. "I have class requirements to do. Also, it's time to hand over the positions in the student council to the new set of officers for the next school year," was my explanation as I glanced at the folders in my hand.

Making a turn at one of the corridors, "It's a good thing the club matters had been resolve by the coach now without much of a problem on whose taking the position of who. But still, there's a lot to finish..." my voice drifted off as I waited for his response.

Reo sighed, "Looks like you really can't..." he mumbled in defeat. I apologized once again, but he simply brushed it off, "Nah, its fine. I understand. Though, I want to know, when is the graduation ceremony?"

I paused for a moment as I mentally counted the remaining school days, "It's exactly a week from now, why?"

"Wow, time sure flies," I heard him say along with some light footsteps, "A week, huh?" he repeated with the sound of pages being flipped on the background, "Okay, clear your schedule after that day alright? I'll be planning something for that day to make up for this!" he told cheerfully.

I genuinely smiled as I joked, "As if I have a choice to refuse now, do I, Reo-nee?" I heard him laugh on the other line at my response. "Anyway, I have to go. And you should go back to reviewing too, senpai~" I told him when the council room was within sight. With a beep once Reo said his goodbyes, the line disconnected.

Placing the phone back into my skirt's pocket once I was in front of the door, I knocked before pulling the door open once I heard someone say a 'come in' . A brunet who was sitting by the far end of the large glass table with papers surrounding him greeted me when I entered the premise. Returning his greetings, I recognized the male as the new student council president. I approached him before placing the folders I had on the glass table. We talked for a couple of minutes, regarding council matters and all. Afterwards, I excused myself and wished him good luck on his duty as the new SC president.