Chapter Twenty Five

Start from the beginning

Collectively the kids scream YES!

"Awesome, Ok, I'm out," he says to the kids. As he turns he grabs Sadie pulling her close to him and he whispers to her, "We will be resuming the earlier interrupted situation."

"Hush you and go! Love you," She says.

"I love you," he says and finally heads out.

Ben drives into town and on the way he stops by the shelter. He's been keeping tabs on some of the dogs that have been there and they finally have a litter of puppies that are available for adoption. Sweet American bulldog puppies. They had two left, a brother and sister, and once he got there he couldn't decide between the two. So he got both. The wrinkles and little ears got him. He drives and picks up dinner and starts for home. As he pulls into the driveway he starts to get nervous. Brittany was always the one making decisions. Panic starts to flood his mind. Sadie will hate this, he made this decision without her, He can return them... right?

He sits for a few minutes with his head on the steering wheel fighting with himself to go in. A knock at the window causes him to jump up. He looks at his love and see's the concern in her face. He just rolls down the window and tries to find the right words.

"Love are you ok?" Sadie asks.

"Don't be mad, please," he says.

Sadie cocks her head to the side, "Okay?"

Ben finally gains some courage and decides to face the firing squad of anger. He reaches behind him and pulls the puppies out and holds them up for Sadie to see. To his amazement, her concern has turned into full excitement.

"Oh my god, puppies!!!! oh my god, oh my god, oh my god!!! they are adorable!" she says.

"Is this ok? I realize that I didn't talk to you about this and..." Ben starts. He isn't able to finish the sentence as Sadie takes the puppies from him and puts them on the ground sitting next to them and cuddling them.

"They are perfect!" she says.

"Oh god, thank you! I was worried you would be mad," He says with relief.

"Why? We talked about getting a dog," She says giving him comfort.

"But I made the decision without you," He says.

"I am not mad if anything I'm relieved. I wouldn't be able to decide and we would have ended up with half the shelter. I can't wait to show the kids!" She says scooping up the dogs.

Ben laughs and grabs the big box of food and they walk into the house. The kids are in the living room watching tv. When they walk in with the puppies the kids go nuts.

"Oh my god, puppies? Really!" Gunnar says. "What are their names?"

"They are awesome!" Hudson Says.

"Soooo cute!" Everett expresses.

"There is a boy and a girl. What do you think?" Sadie asks.

"What about Elvis for the boy? Sadie, you play his music often. Kind of a cool name," Hudson suggested.

"I like it," Everett agrees.

"I like it! Now the girl?" Sadie questions.

"Piper?" Everett suggested.

"Yeah Piper," Hudson agrees.

"Perfect Everett," Gunnar agrees.

"Elvis and Piper, welcome to the family," Ben says. "Kids dinner is on the table. Let's get it set and eat then we can set up their kennels and walk them before bed,"