S1 - Chapter 9

SAKURA'S POV

I pulled into the parking lot of a shop near the police department where we were going to meet up with Nala to plan out the rescue mission. Alex had been surprisingly quiet towards the end of the ride, but it didn't bother me. He was probably deep in thought and I would hate to disturb him.

"We're here." I said, pulling the keys out of the car. Alex glanced at me first before smiling and getting out.

"So, what exactly is the plan?" He questioned me, but I just waved him off. "Don't be impatient~" I purred, grabbing him by the collar and pulling him down into a light kiss. Alex wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me into his body, kissing back. As much as I wanted to continue, I patted his arm and he let me go, straightening out his jacket.

I turned and headed into an alley, my fingers wrapping around the hilt of one of my throwing knives. I wasn't scared or hesitant, it was more like a habit. I always felt safer with a weapon, preferably a sharp one.

As we walked, we passed a homeless woman with dirty clothes that looked like worn-out rags, just barely hanging on to her bony figure. Her messy frizzy hair were disgustingly disheveled and covered her face, but I could still make out her blue eyes, affectionately gazing at Alex... My Alex.

Without thinking, I lowered my head and stared at her, a light growl emitting from the back of my throat. Even though I wasn't particularly challenging her to a fight, the filthy hag lowered her head and turned her pale blue gaze to the ground, as if surrendering.

"You really gotta teach me that later." Alex whispered in my ear when we turned the corner. I couldn't help a slight smile making its way to my face, I brought my hand up to his collar and traced his collarbone.

"I can try~" I purred but abruptly stopped when I noticed a certain gold-haired female waiting at the end of the alleyway. At first, I almost didn't recognize her because she was bent over a table and wearing black, which was unusual for her, but understandable, due to the situation.

"Nala!" I called out and she looked up, serious at first, then a wide smile spread across her face. "Ura, finally!" She chuckled, gracefully jumped over the table and pulled me into a tight embrace.

"I hope you... Packed." She chuckled, pulling away. I tilted my head to the side and closed my eyes, showing her an innocent smirk.

"Of course~!"

ALEXANDER'S POV

I awkwardly stood there as Sakura and Nala hugged each other and exchanged... Yandere talk? I would have loved to call it "girl talk" but to me, packing sounded like the equivalent to taking enough weapons to survive the zombie apocalypse.

And I was probably right, because not a second after, Sakura pulled out a long curved dagger and showed it to her friend, who fan-yandere-girled over it.

I cleared my throat to get their attention and both of them turned around to look at me. I opened my mouth to speak but a certain red-haired girl interrupted me.

"You haven't properly met Alex yet." Sakura introduced me, so I offered Nala a friendly smile, which she didn't return. Instead, she smirked and patted my chest, her violet eyes shining.

"I figured." She purred, then immediately grew serious in the snap of a finger. "I can tell you want to get down to business. So, here's the plan."

We spent the next few minutes going over Nala's plan, which seemed both extremely daring but ingeniously calculated to me. I wondered how smart Nala and Sakura were... They both had to have an IQ of at least 150. Their strategies were logical, planned out and calculated and even the changes they made on the spot were well thought-through.

"That's it then." Nala said, locks of her golden hair cascading down on her shoulders. "We know the plan of the building and the cops' shifts, but not where they're keeping Eiji-Senpai. If we stick together, this should be easy."

And with that, Nala swept the paper into a nearby garbage can and left the table be, because apparently, it had already been there when she arrived.

Ten minutes after we split up, Sakura and I were crouched down behind a dumpster near the back entrance of the police station. Nala was going to pretend she got her wallet stolen and distract the cops by the main entrance, while Ura and I were to go ahead and locate Eiji, then meet up with Nala again and retrieve him together.

And for some reason, I had a feeling this was going to be some kind of final fight...