25

She stayed in my lap the entire time I spoke to her social worker.

To be honest, I felt this coming- I knew I wasn't going to willingly give her up even if her uncle had actually came.

I had already taken the online classes for adoption and set aside all the money that it would take- I was prepared and the guys knew this.

We didn't have room in our current house for an extra, but I would either buy a house for her and I to live in or we could include the guys and get one big house for all of us, but until then, she would sleep in my room.

The social worker ended up bringing me asstons if papers to sign, we waited approval from the judge for about three hours until we got a call that it was approved.

By the time we did, she was asleep in my lap, her head on my shoulder.

"Alexis Hemmings" I smiled lightly as I held her body to my own.

"I say- we discharge her and finally get her home." Ashton spoke with a smile.

"I think I agree." I gave in.

I left her sleeping on the couch as I packed up the few items that she did have, knowing I need to take time off to take her shopping and get her new things and a phone and such.

And soon, she was completely discharged and ready to go.

Her "uncle" was in the possession of the police, I submitted a vacation leave slip and then carefully woke her up.

She almost sat straight up.

"It's me- it's Luke" I told her quickly, feeling her instantly grab my hands once I saw her eyes focus on my face.

Her eyes were bloodshot- she was tired.

"Come on- we're going home" I whispered to her.

"Home?" She asked me slowly.

"It's where we live- you're coming with me. Later on you and I will move to our own house, but for now we are going to bring you to your temporary home" I explained slowly.

She gave a small nod.

I ended up piggy backing her outside until I set her outside the car door.

I opened it for her once it unlocked- seeing her stare to the seat.

"What's wrong?" I asked her.

She looked to me, looking as if she wanted to speak, but not saying anything.

"Alexis" I whispered as she looked to me again.

"I haven't rode in a vehicle in like eleven years other than the ambulance and I think we almost died in the ambulance ride- I don't like the idea of this" she whispered to me.

"How about if I sit in the back with you and her Calum to drive us?" I asked, knowing I was the only one who took a separate car, it would be easy to make someone else drive us .

"That would be better"

So I called Calum, who agreed to drive us and soon, he was running out of the hospital.

I got into the backseat with her, us both buckling up.

She held my hand firmly.

"How long do we stay in here?"