2

Her head popped up- revealing a black eye instantly, tears cascading down her cheeks.

"I'm Doctor Hemmings, but you can call me Luke" I told her slowly, seeing her look away from me.

"What's your name?" I asked her slowly.

Her eyes met mine again

"Alexis" she almost whispered.

"Okay Alexis, why don't you come to me so I can take you into the hospital and take care of you?" I asked her. 

"It hurts" she whispered lightly.

"What hurts?" I asked her.

She touched her shoulder lightly.

I couldn't see anything due to a hoodie she was wearing, but I knew I needed to check her out.

I got into the ambulance, moving closer to her.

As I crouched to her, I noticed she was pushing herself further away from me.

"I'm not going to hurt you." I told her slowly.

"I want to help you, can you trust me?" I asked her.

She slowly shook her head- I instantly had no idea what to do.

"Well how about you walk with me, do you think you can walk?" I asked her.

She nodded slowly.

I took her hand, helping her out of the ambulance, seeing her instantly take it from me.

She immediately held her left arm, keeping it bent at an angle, making me know- she was hurt.

I walked her into the building, but she instantly stopped walking at the sight of chaos.

Everyone was running around, several people were yelling, some crying- it was crazy.

"Follow me, I'll take you somewhere quiet" I told her.

Her blue eyes met my own and she slowly walked with me.

I tried to keep her close to me to avoid her getting hit by doctors, but I heard a female voice say a loud
"Lexi" and next thing I knew- Alexis was almost running from me.

"Oh fuck" I cursed, instantly following her into the room, seeing her in bed with another patient- Michael's patient.

"Luke" Michael spoke as if saying "why can't you control your patient."

Michael's patient held Alexis tightly.

"Alexis, we can't stay in here-" "you have to let him take care of you" the girl whispered to Alexis and I knew- she was going to help me.

"You know you're hurt, he's a doctor, he's going to help you." She spoke to her.

I heard Alexis whisper something back.

"I promise" she whispered back to Alexis.

Alexis instantly stood, looking to me.

"We'll go to the room right across the hall" I told her, pointing to the room.

I went to follow her out the door, but Michael's patient grabbed my arm.

"She's sixteen, shes been in this house since she was a kid, I'm not sure exactly how old but most likely over ten years. They beat the fuck out of her all the time, they rarely let her eat or talk, they just make her do chores, study and please them." She told me quickly.

"She's not going to trust you at all, she's going to give you living hell, but there's a lot wrong with her so you need to help her." She spoke.

"Thank you." I spoke to her before leaving quickly.

I walked into the exam room that had my name on it, seeing her standing in the corner, looking to her shoes.

"Come sit on the bed for me" I told her, patting it lightly.

She was very hesitant to.

"I'm not going to hurt you, I'm going to tell you everything I do before I do it." I promised her, which made her slowly move to the bed, sitting on the edge.

"Okay so I'm going to get your vitals, which is just your heart rate, blood pressure, weight and height- then I'm going to listen to your heart and lungs and then I'll do a head to toe exam, okay?" I asked her slowly.

She nodded.

"Can you change into this gown for me?" I asked her, handing it to her slowly.

"I like my hoodie"