23

Alexis.

Luke ended up leaving for surgery, but Ashton stayed.

That's the only reason I was comfortable.

I didn't like this guy.

I had no idea who he was, but he felt strangely familiar.

I soon left him as he looked through my baby book and I sat beside Ashton, who turned his full attention to me.

"Like him?" Ashton whispered, making me glance to him, seeing that his head was turned into the book, not looking to me.

"No" I mumbled.

"Why not?" He asked.

"He gives me bad vibes-" "you've been through a lot with men, no new man is going to make you feel comfortable, you just have to give him time and see if he warms up to you." He told me slowly.

Maybe I was just scared of letting more people into my life.

"So, how did my parents die?" I knew the answer to the question.

At least I think I did.

"Strangulation and suffocation." He spoke slowly, watching me for a reaction.

The men told me that they slit their throats.

But maybe they lied.

"Can I go see Luke?" I asked Ashton.

"What's going on between you and Luke" my uncle slowly spoke, making me blink to him.

"You're just- attached time him." He pointed out, making me clear my throat.

"Can we at least go on a walk?" I asked just Ashton.

But of course, the uncle tagged along.

"You're getting strong- you normally grab one of us by now" Ashton spoke as I kept my hands in my pocket, trying to resist the urge to stop and take a break.

"That's good" my uncle spoke.

"It's great- that means she'll be able to go home soon." Ashton spoke.

Home?

Where the fuck was home?

Soon it was almost time for Luke to go home, and I was in the shower, crying my eyes out.

My uncle had set up a whole bed for himself on the couch- he wanted to sleep in the same room as me and I couldn't handle that.

I got out of the shower, because combined with my sobs and the heat of the shower, I knew I was close to passing out.

I hurried and threw on shorts and a sports bra, trying to fan myself to cool down.

But I couldn't stop crying.

"Alexis." I heard Luke's voice speak quietly.

"A minute" I tried to sound as if I wasn't crying.

"Open the door, Angel- it's just me." I opened it, making him quickly shut it behind him.

"Please don't touch me" I panicked as he went for a hug immediately,

I held my arms to my chest- although I was wearing a bra, I still never wanted to feel this vulnerable.

"Okay okay, relax." He spoke slowly.

I watched him grab my shirt off the counter, carefully pulling it over my head.

"Arms through" he told me, making me out my arms through the holes where he instantly pulled me into a tight hug.

"Now, I already kicked him out- he is not sleeping in here." Luke told me firmly, making me immediately relieved.

"But- we have to break your habit of moving to sleep on the floor." He spoke.

So we went to bed.

I agreed- I needed to break the habit, it was dangerous and annoying to be honest, but I never feel safe if I don't do it.

"How do we break it?" I asked him.

He showed a padded handcuff.

"We will only try this if you are one hundred percent comfortable, and even if you are- I'm staying the night in here to make sure everything stays, okay?"

I agreed.

It simply connected to the bed and just gently held one arm to where I could move it much at all.

"Normally, we use two- but I don't think you need two in this case, but we will know after tonight."  He told me as he made sure it was secured.

"And you're staying all night, right?" I confirmed, seeing him give me a solid nod, flopping himself on the couch

"Get some sleep, my Angel"

I woke up to a hand rubbing my side.

It had to be Luke trying to wake me up- no one wakes me up this gentle besides Luke.

But normally, Luke would speak.

As I moved slowly to turn over and look at him, I felt a pillow get firmly pushed over my face, and the hand on my side instantly slipped up and straight onto my boob.

And I flipped absolute shit.

I couldn't pull my one wrist that was secured to the bed, and my other was held down along with the pillow.

I struggled to make and noise

And suddenly- I pictured myself back in hell house

No Luke, no Ashton- no one who cared

But this time, I found myself fighting to get back to them