eight ; hair dye

"No no no, you can't back out on the bet Franks!" Nicki pleaded.

"Who's backing out?" Beth popped out of no where licking an ice cream cone and taking a seat next to us on the front porch.

"I a-" Before I could even finish Nicki covered my mouth with her hand.

"Nobody!"

I swatted her hand away "I am, I give in. You win Beth"

Just as I said those words her eye's lit up, they were almost as bright as her hair. Nicki on the other hand looked like she would bash my head onto the ground at any second.

"You gonna at least tell me why? You're not exactly Ms. Sensitivity and Romance" Nicki scowled.

"I have my reasons, and I don't need to state them"

Nicki rolled her eyes before playfully punching me on the shoulder.

"It's okay Nicki, you don't have to dye your hair since you weren't the one who surrendered" Beth chirped before smiling sweetly at me.

"That's not fair!" I boomed, standing up and towering both of them.

"Tough luck kiddo" Nicki replied slapping the back of my thighs causing me to shoot her a look.

"Okay whatever" I started to walk down the porch and into Cody's truck.

"Where you going?" Beth called from the porch.

"To get hair dye" I answered driving off, as Beth waved goodbye.

...

Upon arriving at the store and finding myself in the hair products section I immediately got overwhelmed. There were so many brands and so many shades of purple and pink I didn't know which one to choose. The foam applicator, the one for the roots or the basic straight from the bottle dye. I had never dyed my hair in my life, my mother wouldn't let me. So my hair remained the same dirty blonde it has been since I came into this world.

"Need some assistance?" I looked up to see the bright unnatural redhead smirking next to me carrying a bag of potato chips and a gallon of milk.

"You're an expert on hair dyes right?"

"Clearly" he motioned to his flaming red hot hair.

"Which should I choose, I need- I want to dye my hair either pink or purple"

"Those are kind of a bold color for somebody like you, isn't it?"

"What do you mean somebody like me?" I asked slightly offended.

"You keep to yourself, you don't like attention. Bright colors are like the complete opposite from you"

"Are you trying to say I'm a dark person?"

"Just your soul and maybe your heart" He chuckled biting his tongue at me.

"Shut up, would just help me?"

"Alright, alright" He began scanning the various selections of hair dye products before taking one off the shelf. "Here this is less harmful to your hair, but it could get messy applying it"

"Wait so I actually have to apply this by myself?" I asked taking the purple hair dye from his hands.

"Is this your way of trying to get me to offer my help?"

"No I was-"

"Alright quit begging Frankie, I'll help you dye your hair" He said a little louder causing the other people in the aisle to look at us.

...

"So how long are we suppose to wait?" I asked swinging my legs around as I sat on top of the bathroom counter while Michael looked over the instructions again. I wiped away a drop of purple hair dye running down my forehead. It took us a while but we managed to get every last drop evenly on my hair.

"Say's around thirty minutes"

"But it's been almost an hour Michael"

He looked up at me shooting me an innocent smile "Oh shit"

I rolled my eyes slightly annoyed thinking of the fact that my hair would be more purple than expected "Just help me rinse it off" I said walking down to the kitchen as he followed behind me.

"Grab the nozzle thing and I'll just wrap a towel over my-" Before I could even come close to the towel I had laid out on the kitchen table Michael squirted water into my face.

He dropped the nozzle back into the sink throwing his hands up "I didn't think it would work"

He tried to keep a straight face but failed as he broke into fits of laughter seeing that the hair dye was running all over my face and I was completely soaked.

"Oh so you think that's funny?" I eyed a pot filled with water next to the stove and picked it up.

"Frankie no no no!" I dumped the entire thing over his head making him a wet mess as well.

"You're right this is funny" I chuckled but regretted it immediately after. He smirked that elvish smirk of his and grabbed my arms before I could flee and hide.

He took the nozzle again and despite my pleas of mercy he squirted it all over my body, I could feel my shirt stick to my skin.

"Michael quit!" I managed out as he aimed the water to my mouth telling me to shut up between his fits of laughter. I took this as an oppurtunity to take the nozzle from his hands and began spraying him as well but the hose was entangled in around our feet so as he tried to run away and as I tried to grab the collar of his shirt we both tripped over it and collapsed into the puddle of purple water on the floor. So there we were sprawled out on my kitchen floor drenched in different shades of purple water laughing until we could no longer breathe.

Cody came running into the kitchen with a baseball bat in hand but lowered it as he saw us getting up slowly from the floor "What the hell did you guys do?" He walked over towards us avoiding the puddles on the floor as he took my hand and pulled me up. "Uh Franks your hair is purple"

"Thanks I know" I grabbed the towel on the table and started to wipe my face dry.

"You know you guys have to clean this mess up right?" Cody pointed out as he grabbed several rags from a drawer and handed them to us "Good luck" he snickered running back out the kitchen.

"Oh god I look like a cartoon character" I complained looking at myself in the reflection of the window.

"Don't worry I picked out the temporary color cause I know you would hate it"

"How did you know I would hate it?"

"Because I hate it" He chuckled throwing a rag at me. "You and me aren't that different"

"Oh so I'm a self absorbed, smart ass red head too?"

"No you have purple hair" He smirked wiping up the puddles on the floor as I joined him.

"You're not too bad Clifford"

Michael just smiled at me, his eyes sparkling like little green stars in the darkest night.