seventeen ; too late

"Don't fart in her face dumb ass!"

Instantly my eyes shot open revealing Max and Casey looking down at me. I turned to my side to find David's bare ass inches from my face.

"Get off you prick!" I shoved him off my bed sending him tumbling to the ground with a loud thud.

"I told you not to, Davey" Max chuckled.

I sat up in bed, looking around our hotel room. There was pizza boxes and empty Chinese food cartons laid all over the floor and clothes thrown on every furniture in the room. David picked himself up from the ground zipping up his jeans.

"Why are you guys up so early?" I groaned, rubbing my eyes.

Casey threw the curtains open, the sunlight blinded me as I groaned in protest. "It's almost noon, Franks. You already missed the free breakfast downstairs."

I threw the covers off me as I sluggishly walked to the bathroom to freshen up, pushing David back on the floor on the way there.

"Hey!" I heard him pout as I closed the bathroom door.

I turned on the shower to the hottest setting there was before releasing my hair from the bun I put it in last night. As I waited for the water to warm up, I unlocked my phone and quickly looked for Beth's number.

To Beth : hang out today? I've been deprived from some quality Beth and Nicki time for far too long !

I stripped from my pajamas and stuck my hand in the shower to make sure it was already warm, then my phone began to vibrate.

Beth : YES! I'll text you an address xx

I smiled.

...

"Alright I'm leaving, I'll see you guys later" I said grabbing my bag from the couch.

Max got up quickly from his position on the bed "Hold on, where are you going?"

"We have that party to attend to tonight, there's going to be big recording companies there!" Casey interjected.

"I know I know, I'll be home way before then. I'm just going to catch up with a few friends"

"Don't be late Frankie!" Casey warned.

"I swear if you're late-" Max began

"Chill out mom and dad, I won't be late okay?" I teased before leaving the room, I heard David chuckle and Max scolding him.

I walked to the address Beth texted me, she said it was a coffee shop all the celebrities usually went to and I was excited. Not because there would be famous people there but because I seriously did miss my friends, and I regret not putting more effort in keeping in touch with them.

I was halfway there when my phone started to ring. I dug through my bag looking for my phone.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Frankie!" It was Nicki.

"Oh hey Nicki, I'm almost there and I-"

"I'm so sorry, Franks" her voice sounded strained "There was an emergency back home and Beth and I had to rush back to Santa Cruz."

"Oh" My heart dropped, I stopped walking as people brushed past me continuing to their destinations. "I mean that's fine"

"I'm really sorry, we'll try to come back before you have to leave"

"No no it's fine. I totally understand" I tried to keep my voice from breaking "Just do what you gotta do there."

"Thanks for understanding Frankie"