twenty six ; her

michael's pov //

I stood in the waiting room for a while, staring blankly at the fish tank they conveniently placed in the corner of the room. My hands were balled into a fist in my pockets and my hood covered the top of my face. I wasn't suppose to be here, I was suppose to be signing papers for the divorce.

Two months ago I decided it wasn't fair for Dannie to be with someone who wasn't giving her the love she deserved so I told her. She took it pretty hard, like extremely hard. If the cops didn't show up due to a noise complaint, my clothes would've been in flames along with all my other possessions.

I crashed with Ashton for a while, letting Dannie breathe for a week until she called me saying she filed for divorce. It was all my fault, but still I was extremely heartbroken.

She wasn't Frankie, but she still gave me love that I didn't deserve and in return I went and cheated on her.

"Michael" a husky voice whispered behind me.

I turned around and was greeted by Ashton's sleepy face. It was 4 in the morning, there was just a few people in the waiting room and they were all asleep.

"The nurse just left the station, if you want to see her its now or never" he placed his hand on my shoulder, smiling weakly.

I nodded, following him in the dim lit hallway. My palms were sweating, my heart pouncing around in my chest casually banging on my lungs making it extremely hard to breathe. He was a couple steps ahead of me, occasionally looking back at me and smiling to give me reassurance that this was the right thing to do. It felt like hours before he finally stopped in front of a large window, took one good look inside before turning back to me and chuckled "Come here Michael"

I hesitated, stopping right where the window started before my feet got the courage to make it's way right next to Ashton's. I took a deep breathe before finally turning towards the window.

My eyes went down a line of the tiniest little humans I've ever seen, all wrapped in either blue or pink blankets and their eyes shut tight.

"There" Ashton pointed right in the middle to a pink blanket and my eyes immediately shot that direction. "There's your baby girl"

The moment I saw her blue eyes shimmer in the dark room the emptiness in my heart was instantly gone. She only had a few blonde wisps on her head and her cheeks were puffy but she was the most beautiful thing I have ever had the pleasure of setting my eyes upon.

At that very second I knew I would do anything for this girl, I would bleed, bruise, fight, just so she would never have to. I would give up every ounce of my being to ensure she would never know heartbreak, neglect or sadness and that happiness will always surround her. I would do so much for her and I didn't even know her name.

"W-what did they name her?" I asked, my hand pressed on the window.

"Ava"

My head spun towards Ashton "Ava?"

For months I've only thought about that name, never once told anybody, not Frankie, not Calum, not Luke, not even Ashton, that I wanted the baby's name to be Ava.

I had only heard it was going to be a girl a week ago, and now there she was. Ava, the most beautiful name I have ever heard.

"Yeah" Ashton placed his hand on my back "Ava Clifford"

I stopped, my face froze. Did he just say Clifford...as in my last name?

"What?"

"Ava Clifford, that's what Frankie named her"