39: You're So Mushy When You Wanna Be

Start from the beginning

"I swear, I'm not." Gerard chuckled and Frank narrowed his eyes at his partner, scrutinizing his amused expression, "I'm really not. I told you a lot of things are repeated because there are varying terms for it."

"Fine." Frank looked back, lining it all in red, "Pushy Bottom: old school phrase for a very demanding bottom, associated with Topping from the bottom. A-ha, green. Quirt: a type of buggy-whip used for whipping the submissive, easier and safer to use than a bullwhip. Alright, I can dig it. RPG: abbreviation for Role Play Games. Green. Rack: Bondage furniture patterned after the infamous torture device of the Inquisition, the bottom is put on it and 'stretched' but not in the extreme fatal way. Whoa, I like that. Green. RACK: Risk Aware Consensual Kink. Well yes, green. Rape fantasy, ravishment. Oof, fuck me up with that. Real Life or Real-Time, r/l or r/t: as opposed to virtual or cyber life. Okay, green, I guess. Red: Most common safe word meaning 'stop'. I've seen this, I don't understand it."

"What, boy?"

"The whole 'red' thing." Frank frowned, "I don't get it."

"Oh." Gerard turned back onto his side and looked at Frank, "It's called the 'Light System' and it's used as a way of expressing yourself in the scene. So, if the Dominant starts doing something you've got concerns with, you give them a 'yellow' and if they do something you're not okay with, you give them a 'red'. Like a traffic light. Green is hardly ever used unless it's for confirmation that they're doing something good."

"Why don't we use that?" Frank's frown deepened and Gerard shrugged.

"It's your choice but I always found it so impersonal, I'd rather have a word and signal that we could share instead." Gerard pursed his lips before continuing, "But, if you'd prefer using the light system-"

"No- No, I was just curious. I'm good with our safe signals." Frank reassured, "They're good."

"Good." Gerard sighed softly, "Good." He smiled as he absentmindedly began running his hand over Frank's back, stroking slowly and affectionately in small circles. Frank sputtered at the touch, realizing just how much a simple touch could affect him.

"R- Uh, religious scenes? What, like Catholic schoolboys and priests?" Frank asked with a chuckle as he highlighted it in green, shifting slightly closer toward Gerard, "Brilliant. Restraint: limiting the bottom's movement with the use of various bondage gear, equipment or devices. Yes. Restriction: limiting the bottom's behavior or physical movement. Yes. Riding Crop: a firm, leather tipped crop used for hardened whipping. Yes, please. Riding the Horse: A wooden horse, or cavaletto squarciapalle, is a torture device, of which there exist two variations both inflict pain by using the subject's own weight by keeping the legs open, tied with ropes from above, while lowering down the submissive. The French called this instrument the Chevalet, from the French diminutive of cheval, horse. That sounds painful as fuck. I'm down."

"No great shocker there," Gerard commented casually and Frank shot him a playful scowl as he slid the green marker over the line.

"Rimming: tongue contact with the rectum or asshole. You bet. Ring Gag: a device that keeps the submissive's mouth wide open. Also called a 'piss gag'. Excellent. Rituals and Protocol: A protocol is any defined, enforced code of behavior, and or rituals whether it be within the confines of a particular group, community, or other interpersonal dynamics. In this case, the Dominant will set out rules and regulations of rituals that need to be done on a daily or weekly schedule. Okay. Do we have this?"

"I do. Those are the ones we spoke about at breakfast." Gerard smiled reassuringly, "Your sub training."

"Okay." Frank lined it in green, "Role Play Games: taking fantasy roles in BDSM scenes, for example, nurse or doctor/patient, etc. Green, as long as there's no doctors."