XII

There's going to be some sexual content so if you guys feel uncomfortable with it, feel free to skip

There's going to be some sexual content so if you guys feel uncomfortable with it, feel free to skip. I labelled where it starts further on in the chapter!

Eudora

When Elijah reentered where he had left me alone just moments before, his demeanour had changed dramatically. His eyes were hooded and would look everywhere aside from my own, his left hand rubbed his thigh nervously all the while his right allowed their dig dit's to drum against the table softly.

He was visibly anxious.

I placed my hand over his, my thumb brushing lightly over the calloused surface of his palm as Elijah finally met my gaze with his own.

He tried smiling, his attempt to reassure me was the final straw, letting me know that whatever had occurred in the back room was bad.

"Elijah what happened?"

He sighed before retracting his hand from my own, the coldness I felt after him doing it, while dissatisfactory, nothing I wasn't used to from him at this point.

I asked a follow up question

"Should we go home?"

Before he had time to answer, our dishes were thrust onto our table, the reflective marble surfaces now obscured by ivory coloured ceramic plates, garlic bread and carbonara some of the few dishes that I was able to identify between their transfer from the waiters hands to our table.

Throughout his process I could feel Elijah's leg bouncing against my thigh, his eyes were staring daggers into those of the waiter, who had done the same back to him initially, but after looking over to me and seeing that I was studying their interaction intently, he offered me up a sweet smile before finishing quickly and retreating to the kitchen.

The food was delicious without a doubt, however I felt like I couldn't enjoy it to the fullest extend as Elijah just seemed off.

He noticed my worried glances and placed a hand over my own, the act doing little to ease my nerves.

"Was it good?"

I nodded, smiling softly as Elijah dug around in his wallet before pulling out a few £50 notes and leaving them on the table before securing my hand in his own and pulling the pair of us, rather efficiently, out of the restaurant.

After the pair of us made it inside the car Elijah rested his head against the window while I looked over at him.

"Are you ok?"

I nodded, forgetting that due to his current position he wasn't able to see my reply and must have assumed that I was deliberately ignoring him.

He placed a hand on my thigh before leaning in tentatively, his lips brushing against mine slowly before he pulled away.